PDA

View Full Version : A quick review of resturants we went to.

Superzeus84
02-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to do a short review of all the sit down resturants that we went to last week. Im going to rank them in order as well with number 1 being the best.

1. Ohana- We loved this place, the food was delicious and the bread pudding was the best desert i have ever had.(Would go again)

2. Le Cellier- Loved the set up and the atmosphere of this place. I had the Filet Mignon and my fiancee had the new york strip(I think) and we both that they were equally good. (Would go again)

3.Sanaa- This was a great change in the type of food we had been eating all week. Resturant had a very cool theme. My Fiancee had never had Indian style food before and loved her shrimp and beef curry. I love this type of food and was very pleased with this place. (Would go again)

4. San Angel Inn- We both love Mexican food and enjoyed this place. My only complaint is that i wish they had a little more variety with the menu. (Would go again)

5. Tony's Town Square- A pretty good Meal, Our server was just recently engaged so we shared stories about everything. After we each ordered desert our waitress brought it out and ordered an additional two deserts for us on her, which was very sweet of her. The strawberry cheesecake there is great! (Would go again if everything else that we wanted was booked)

6. Coral Reef- Im not sure why but neither of us really liked this place. This food was just average and we were expecting more out of the menu, like shrimp or scallops. Just average in my opinion. (Would not go again)

7. Chef Mickey- Man I wish i would have listened to you guys about this one. I think it will be great to take our kids here someday, but not until then would i go back. Yikes! (Would not go back unless we had kids)

fielin
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Sorry about Chef Mickey, but we told you ! ;-)

Lots of good experiences there, thanks for sharing.

... and I love how you write 'my fiancee' now. good for you !

SBETigg
02-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Nice selection of places, and I'm glad most of them delivered. 'Ohana's banana bread pudding dessert is awesome. Thank for the reviews.

BigThunderFan
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Glad you enjoyed all of them and that she said yes! Congrats!

I promise one day you will like Chef Mickey's, but I think it does require the attendance of one of your own children ;)

PlutoPlanet
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Yikes! DW and I are going to Chef Mickey's in March without DD. Wish me luck.

azcavalier
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Good choice of restaurants. We have never tried Sanaa, but have been to all the others. We actually really like Coral Reef. Partly it's the atmosphere, but we've always had good food there. My DW loves Le Cellier, but I've always thought it was average, and to me it feels like we're in a basement.

We're heading back in May, just the two of us, and we're trying three new restaurants. We're only here four nights, and we're trying the California Grill, Brown Derby, and Chefs de France. Those are new to us. Then one night we're going to Teppan Edo, which is another favorite.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
My DW loves Le Cellier, but I've always thought it was average, and to me it feels like we're in a basement.

It's supposed to ~ why do you think they call it 'the wine cellar'?? :D

azcavalier
02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Good point. :) Maybe I just don't like eating in basements. And since we don't drink....it really doesn't hold any interest for me.

WelshieLover
02-12-2010, 05:20 PM
My husband too agreed with you, Superzeus84, about the lack of shrimp or scallops on the Coral Reef menu. So strange that a seafood restaurant would not have this on their menu.

Where is Saana? Tell me more about it.

KAT1811
02-12-2010, 08:43 PM
'Ohana is one of my family's favorites! Everything there is fun and the dessert is one of the best we've had on property (tied with the chocolate cake with toffee from Portobello Yacht Club)! Great reviews!!! Thank you!

:congrats: on your engagement!!!! :cloud9:

SBETigg
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Where is Saana? Tell me more about it.

Sanaa is at the AKL Kidani Village area. African-Indian influenced. There is a view of animals, I believe.

Superzeus84
02-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Sanaa is at the AKL Kidani Village area. African-Indian influenced. There is a view of animals, I believe.

Yep, From where we were sitting we could see all sorts of animals including Giraffes.

MinnieMommie
02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had mostly satisfactory dinning experiences. Just curious - was Chef Mickey breakfast or dinner?

Superzeus84
02-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had mostly satisfactory dinning experiences. Just curious - was Chef Mickey breakfast or dinner?

It was for a dinner, we got a lot of really runny pictures with Minnie,Donald, and Mickey but it was just chaotic in there.

MinnieMommie
02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
It was for a dinner, we got a lot of really runny pictures with Minnie,Donald, and Mickey but it was just chaotic in there.

It can be a bit chaotic at CM. To some the frenzy is part of the fun but to others it is a bit much - especially at it's most hectic pace. Sounds like it was crowded and crazy when you visited.

azcavalier
02-13-2010, 04:37 PM
We've been to Chef Mickey's for Breakfast a few times. We love the breakfast buffet, but yeah, it's really loud and hectic. But the kids love it.

pirateyankee80
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
6. Coral Reef- Im not sure why but neither of us really liked this place. This food was just average and we were expecting more out of the menu, like shrimp or scallops. Just average in my opinion. (Would not go again)

Going to Coral Reef in Dec, :confused:I checked out their menu and you are right, only shrimp on appetizers. I like my shrimp and scallops too. DW and rest of family dont care but we will give it a shot anyway.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
02-15-2010, 11:59 AM
On your report of Coral Reef, do try it once more. I went there was in 2004 and that was my first trip there as an adult and I also thought it was going to be great. We went for lunch and I wactually had a hard time finding anything on the menu that looked good to me. Last year we went back with his whole family and they insisted we go back so we did, for dinner this time and the meal was the best meal I had the whole trip. I don't know if the menu had totally changed in those 5 years, or if it was the difference between lunch and dinner, or what it was but it was very good. I recommend giving one more try.

olivegirl
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your review of those restaurants, we have ADR's for Le Cellier and Sanaa. We are looking forward to going. Thanks again!!:thumbsup: