PDA

View Full Version : Moderate resort advice

jrosemont
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Like to have some advice about PO and CSR. My family and I have only stayed at CBR. We've always had great experiences there, but are thinking of trying something new. The moderate resorts are in our budget so would like to stay at one of the others. Pro's and Con's would be great from those that have stayed at there.

P.S. I've been using Intercot for the last five years, but this is my first post. Love the info and insight you all have!!!:thumbsup:

ginny57
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
You'll get plenty of feedback from the Intercotees...they rock!

I have stayed at all of the Moderates. Here is my opinion

POR - beautiful old south theme - large which can be bad - shares buses with FQ and SOMETIMES the buses fill up before they get to your stop - has a food court and a sit down restaurant - boat ride to DTD

POFQ - cute mardi gras theme - small and no building is inconvenient - is 1st on the bus route so you can get a seat - no sit down restaurant but nice food court - boat ride to DTD

CSR - Southwest theme - very large and that bothers some people - amenities like a health club and a night club that other moderates don't have - has a sit down restaurant - food court is different set up.....lots of stations and you get your card punched and pay on the way out

You really can't go wrong. I would make my choice based on the theme that you will like the most and size if large would not work for you.

Enjoy!

caryrae
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
We did a split stay with CSR and POFQ last trip and we both liked POFQ more. CSR is nice but big and can be a long walk to the main building and Pepper Market is a hate it or love it food court. We really like the themeing or POFQ. It was nice and small and a short walk to anywhere and the boat to Downtown Disney was very nice too.

Rekenna
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
:magic::pixie::welcome::pixie::magic:

Hi! I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to say WELCOME! (I've never gotten to do that before!)

disney100%
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
We love CBR and POR. We have stayed at CSR, though did not enjoy our stay there. The grounds were beautiful but just didn't get that Disney feel we get from CBR and POR.

We are staying at CBR because of the pirate kiddie pool area. My kids loved it last time and are still young enough to enjoy it. We also like the theming and the food court.

POR has some wonderful pros. First, we love the boat ride to DtD. It is a nice change from the buses. The piano player that plays at River Roost is quite fun and worth spending a night there. We also love the food court and being able to sit by the window and watch the waterwheel. We have stayed in both the Bayous and Mansions. Our favorite building is Magnolia Terrace (though we have also stayed at Acadia House, which was nice too).

ibrowse17
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
:welcome:

We stayed at POFQ, and really enjoyed the theme and size. Being smaller, everything was close by with no long walks. With the theme, the walks you did take were on stone "streets" with warm lamp lights at night. After many stays in the campground, POFQ was our first hotel resort stay, and we loved it. No matter what you decide, have a great time:thumbsup:

Belster
02-11-2010, 11:43 PM
We love CBR and POR. We have stayed at CSR, though did not enjoy our stay there. The grounds were beautiful but just didn't get that Disney feel we get from CBR and POR.

Never stayed at the other mods but my family and I feel exactly the same way about CSR. Also way too big!

buzz2001
02-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Love CSR! The only mod with queen beds, 42" LG LCD TV. the rooms were just renovated in 2009, it has a spa, fitness center and dance club.

CSR has the best bus service and is centrally located to all the theme parks.

kathiep
02-12-2010, 09:31 AM
We really enjoy CSR. The main pool area is amazing and we think the grounds are beautiful. We enjoy the variety of food available at the Pepper Market. Very relaxing feel to this resort.

We also enjoyed POR. The kids enjoyed the pool area and DH really likes the make your own pasta section at the food court. The boat ride to DTD is a really nice option.

We weren't crazy about POFQ. It was small which I can understand being a draw but we don't mind walking a little on vacation. The pool area was a little underwhelming, my kids would have quickly grown bored if we were there more than a few days. There is no sit down restaurant and the food court was just OK.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong at any of the moderates; you just need to determine which suits your style.

Mitzie
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM
We have stayed at POR, CRS, and CRB. Of those, POR is our favorite, though wouldn't mind returning to CRS. If you are used to CRB then the walking at both of your options wouldn't be bad. I really think it boils down to the theme you prefer. We stayed in the AB section of POR and found it so pretty and relaxing. A true break from the hussle and bussle of the parks. We have eaten at CRS food court and sit down as well as POR foodcourt and sit down. Both are good and it is a matter of food types. CRS has a southwest spin on some of their dishes. POR has some other facets to their food. I agree that the make your own pasta at POR was very nice. Main pool areas at both were nice and again which theme appeals to you? We were in the castitas(sp?) section at CRS and walked around and looked at the fountains...very pretty. Bus service at both were the same...both trips were in Oct. by the way so crowds were similar. Comparing the rooms...the AB section looks very rustic as it is supposed to feel. CRS much more formal(we were there after the refurb). Either make for a wonderful trip!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
....my signature should say it better than I can....we love POR !!! It just has that laid back, relaxing feel we want on our vacations....not to mention the food, pools, boats, bikes, fishing, playground, carriage rides, walking...etc......there is a weeks worth of things to do and you don't even have to go to a park....I know...I'm crazy and yes, we do go to the parks and seldom spend time at the resort, but it's sure nice knowing it's there waiting on us...... :party:

forever a child
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I just love POR. The bike rentals, the boat ride to DtD and the theming are what win it in my book. It is very relaxing.:mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
We really like POFQ...

Generally it has been my son & I going and we generally spend most of our time at the parks (or DTD). The small size of POFQ is welcome after a long day of walking in the parks. Also easy to catch the bus from POFQ. Some buess are shared with POR but generally POFQ are first to board (you can get a seat) and first spot returning from the parks.

One down size is the standard size beds (not queen). I you are used to sleep in a queen size bed with your signifcant other this may be a problem.

If I were planning a trip that included a lot of "resort time" I may consider POR or CRB but POFQ work very well for us!