PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens or Universal?

dinahvixen
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
We're going on a non-Disney trip during our spring break (last week of March) and will be staying at a hotel 20 mins from Orlando and 40 mins from Tampa in Davenport (never heard of it!). Our family is me, dh, dd8 and dd2. None of us has ever been to Universal, and I grew up in Tampa, so I used to go to BG all the time, but haven't been in over 25 years - so I am sure it's almost as if I have never been at this point. Dh loves thrill rides, but dd8 does not (neither do I). I know there is a kids section at US - but there is the zoo aspect of BG (dh is a zookeeper in our city and we frequent zoos in general). We will be spending only one day at whichever park we go to. Has anyone been to both? Any input for a family like ours?

LVT
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
We did Busch and Universal in May 2009. I like Busch Gardens better. There were a lot of wet rides at both and lots of kids in swimwear. The new roller coaster at Busch will thrill the coaster person.

RAIDER
03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
I would go along with Busch Gardens its a far better than Universal . Busch Gardens is more than a full day and so much more diverse .
Have fun :thumbsup: