PDA

View Full Version : Pollo Campero replacing McD's in DtD

tinkergal
02-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Anybody else find this strange?

I just noticed yesterday in our town that the Pollo Campero, which I don't think was open even a year, has closed. I ate there once, which was enough; it was too pricey for what I got & BLAND. Although I don't have children, I would think that McD's would be a staple for many.

It won't really affect me one way or the other, I just don't like the idea. Personal preference, I suppose.

Figment!
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM
It doesn't appear that Disney made the decision to replace the McDonald's location with Pollo Campero, rather McDonald's is vacating the location and Disney has found Pollo Campero as a new tenant.

The Orlando Sentinel reported the following regarding the change:

Representatives for Disney World and McDonald’s said the exit stems from a 2004 decision to end a 10-year exclusive sponsorship agreement between McDonald’s Corp. and Walt Disney Co. The Downtown Disney restaurant was included in that agreement.

ElenitaB
02-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I, for one, am pretty happy about the change. I'm thrilled to be able to have something different than McD's. I can get that at home. And while many around the country can get Pollo Campero locally we can't. Just wish they're opening by mid-year.

Joannelet
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
gosh time sure does fly! I remember when McD's and Walt Disney made the contract....can't believe that the contract is up and that it was in 1994!!! That is insane and it doesn't even seem that long ago!
I just read this yesterday too and was wondering when someone was going to post this. :)

LudwigVonDrake
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Anything other than McDonald's has to be good.

LVT
02-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I am looking forward to trying it next year. I would like to see more reviews. Thanks.

BrerGnat
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Um, I'm a parent with two kids who are 3 and 5. My older son has NEVER eaten at a McDonald's. My younger son had ONE happy meal once, in a pinch type situation to find him some food on the go. He wouldn't even eat the fries, and he loves french fries...

I am SO happy that McD's is getting out of Disney parks! I get sick from the smell of those fries. Last time I ate there was when I was pregnant with my oldest, and I blame that on hormones.

Pollo Campero is good. My kids love eating at places like that (we typically go to El Pollo Loco, which is similar, but more "Mexican"). They love having stuff like tacos, quesadillas, and chips, instead of burgers and fries.

It won't be open when we are there in March, but it will be there (hopefully) on our next trip. :thumbsup: