PDA

View Full Version : Checking bags at Resorts

LauraSAnne
02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I need someone to reconfirm what I believe to be true!

In April we're going to Disney...our flight arrives at 930am and we're using Magical Express. Once we get to our resort (Coronado), I realize it will be too early to get our room. What we would like to do is check our carry on bags at the baggage check at the resort so we can go straight to the parks for the day and deal with our luggage when we get back that evening. This is something we can do, correct?

Also, does anyone know how late the baggage check area stays open? We'll probably be doing Magic Kingdom that day, which is open until 9pm and it's not very likely that we'll come back to the Resort before then.

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

kakn7294
02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes, you may check your carry-on luggage at the resort. I'm not certain but I think the luggage check area may be open until 12a.

SBETigg
02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
It is something you can do. It's great to be able to just hit the parks when your room is not ready.

In your case, there shouldn't be a problem, since you plan to be out all day and won't need your bags back in a hurry.

But we learned that if you happen to need the bags at a certain time, either make sure to pick them up yourselves at the desk or leave yourself plenty of time to have them delivered. We were told our room would be ready at 3, and that our bags would be sent there when we asked. We had 5 pm dinner plans, no room until 4, and no carry-on bags until 6 (and we needed those bags). We would have missed our ADR except they happened to have a later opening and rescheduled us. Bell services delivery times can vary, though the seem to always say it will be a "half hour."

LauraSAnne
02-10-2010, 09:32 AM
You both raise a good question.

If I check our carry-on bags, can I pick them up where I checked them or do I have to call and have them dropped off at the room once we get back?

Thanks again!

Edit: oops, I reread what you said SBETigg about picking them up yourself so I guess you already answered that question :)

SBETigg
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
You both raise a good question.

If I check our carry-on bags, can I pick them up where I checked them or do I have to call and have them dropped off at the room once we get back?

Thanks again!

Edit: oops, I reread what you said SBETigg about picking them up yourself so I guess you already answered that question :)

Yes, but still a good question. Sometimes they can't get to them in a hurry and they will ask you to let them deliver them anyway, or want you to wait a bit. But if you're there and insistent, even if there's a slight wait, you might get them quicker than going back to your room. After our one fiasco of getting the bags so late, we didn't chance it on the next trip. We showed up at the podium and told them we needed our bags, and they had us wait fifteen minutes and then took us with our bags to our room. Plus, we didn't schedule an ADR any time soon just in case. We're more prepared now to expect a delay.

CleveRocks
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Bell Services (which is at the Moderate and Deluxe resorts) is open 24 hours a day. Luggage Assistance (which is at the Value resorts only) has certain opening and closing times.

MOJoe
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Even though you have a morning flight, don't be too surprised to find your room is ready. Depending on how busy CS is, you may be able to check right in. :thumbsup:

WelshieLover
02-10-2010, 02:33 PM
When we were just down there we planned to do exactly what you are planning. Imagine our surprise that our room was ready when we checked in. We were able to go right to our room. Our luggage that ME brought over was in our room before our dinner reservations. We really lucked out this past trip.

On our last day we had a late flight so we did check our carry on luggage in the AM and when we went back to pick our carry on there were no problems.

Enjoy your trip! I wish I was going back. It is a blizzard here right now.

LauraSAnne
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
When we were just down there we planned to do exactly what you are planning. Imagine our surprise that our room was ready when we checked in. We were able to go right to our room. Our luggage that ME brought over was in our room before our dinner reservations. We really lucked out this past trip.

On our last day we had a late flight so we did check our carry on luggage in the AM and when we went back to pick our carry on there were no problems.

Enjoy your trip! I wish I was going back. It is a blizzard here right now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll have the same luck! Our flight on the last day leaves at 830pm so well have a good day in at the parks too and will have to check our carry-ons like you did. Glad to hear it's easy to do!