PDA

View Full Version : Princess photo question

Charam
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
My son, who's a teenager and austistic, just adores the Disney princesses, and the last couple of times we've been to WDW we've done lunch at Akershus, which just sends him to heaven.

We have an ADR to go again later this month, and I was wondering - is the posed photo shoot when you enter included in the price, or is it extra? I can't remember. We've done it twice already, and if the cost isn't included in the deal, I figured we could skip it this time around (you certainly get plenty of opportunities for pics with your own camera throughout the meal).

Thanks for any help!

OogieBoogieMan
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
It is included with the meal. Our son has autism as well, he is 11, and loves it too. His favorite character is Minnie Mouse but the he loves all the photo ops at Norway.

BigThunderFan
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Yep, still included in the cost. Have fun!

fernsmommy
02-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Has the picture always been included in the price of the meal? Last time we went in '07 it wasn't so we didn't get it. We're going in May and if its included I want the picture this time!

murphy1
02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
That is so sweet!

I also want to know if it's now included, it never was before? I'm taking my youngest for her bday and will love it if the photo is included now! I thought the price was higher now, so maybe that's why? I was thinking when I didn't get the photos before, they just throw them out, so this might be smart of them to have changed it.

Charam
02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks - if it's included, we'll certainly go for it. He already has pics with Aurora and Belle (his favorite princess), so hopefully we'll have someone different to add to his collection. :cloud9:

Oogie, my son loves Minnie Mouse too, haha.

WelshieLover
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
We were there the last week of January. Belle was the princess with the posed picture included in the price, but there was plenty of opportunities to take great photos with all the others. We really liked Askerhaus, it seemed so calm in there even with the number of children there at lunch. We went mainly to try out the food but ended up enjoying hte whole experience.

OogieBoogieMan
02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
For what they charge the camera should be included.... :mickey:

disney100%
02-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I am so excited to read this thread! We are eating at Akershus in just 2 weeks for the first time. My son will be 5, my daughter is 3 (and loves Sleeping Beauty) and my youngest daughter is 2 (and loves Snow White). We have never eaten at a princess meal before, so my husband and I can't wait to see their reactions.

murphy1
02-12-2010, 09:09 AM
I am so excited to read this thread! We are eating at Akershus in just 2 weeks for the first time. My son will be 5, my daughter is 3 (and loves Sleeping Beauty) and my youngest daughter is 2 (and loves Snow White). We have never eaten at a princess meal before, so my husband and I can't wait to see their reactions.

You will love it!!! And there is nothing like watching your little ones meet and interact with them. My littlest is now 6, so this is probably the last magical princess meal which makes me a little sad.

disney100%
02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
You will love it!!! And there is nothing like watching your little ones meet and interact with them. My littlest is now 6, so this is probably the last magical princess meal which makes me a little sad.

We originally didn't plan a princess meal, but my DH and I had the conversation about how our girls love the princesses now and since we only go every other year, how many more trips will our girls want to do this? I am so excited that I have even pulled out their Sleeping Beauty costume and Snow White costume. Hopefully, they will want to wear them for the dinner! I will be so sad when they "outgrow" these types of events.

beksy
02-18-2010, 08:26 AM
We just tried the breakfast there in January. It was really good and neat to get to enter Epcot prior to opening. The picture was with Belle in her yellow gown (my favorite so I was in heaven!) and was included. If you get the photopass CD, you can enter the number on the photo into the site along with you other card numbers and it will let you have all of the pics the photographers took and add the borders and stuff. Another breakfast, but it was great at Donald's Breakfast Safari (had to buy that but could add the photos) and it had extra shots of Mom hugging Donald so it was well worth it for us.

WelshieLover
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
disney100%,

They will never truly really out grow these events. My son's girlfriend who is 21 (she grew up with Ariel, Belle, when the Disney animated flicks were really good) and she just loved Askerhaus!

disney100%
02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
disney100%,

They will never truly really out grow these events. My son's girlfriend who is 21 (she grew up with Ariel, Belle, when the Disney animated flicks were really good) and she just loved Askerhaus!

Thank you - I loved reading that! Of course, I haven't outgrown loving the princesses and I am nearing 40, so I am not sure why I think my girls would! :blush: