PDA

View Full Version : Give a day/Get a day ticket ?

MarkC
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
We are signed up to volunteer to get a Disney ticket voucher. We are going to upgrade to a 3 or 4 day pass. My question is, can this only be done at the parks/resorts, or can it be done elsewhere such as a Disney store? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide. I would like to have the tickets taken care of when we arrive, but not a big deal if we have to get them at the resort. Mark

murphy1
02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry, MarkC, but you have to go to the will call window at the park you are redeeming the voucher at. From what I read that they sent me, you can apply them to annual pass upgrades and pay the difference. You also need birth cert. and/or driver's licenses for everyone redeeming them. It is very similar to how they ran the birthday promo last year.

forever a child
02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes you can upgrade. No, you cant do it at a Disney store. Only at the parks.

CleveRocks
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
The GADGAD ticket can be upgraded, but it CAN'T be upgraded at the will-call window at the time you receive the ticket. The ticket MUST be used to enter a park turnstile (on the day the ticket was issued) first, and only AFTER that can the ticket be upgraded.

forever a child
02-10-2010, 09:16 PM
The GADGAD ticket can be upgraded, but it CAN'T be upgraded at the will-call window at the time you receive the ticket. The ticket MUST be used to enter a park turnstile (on the day the ticket was issued) first, and only AFTER that can the ticket be upgraded.

I wasnt told this when I called their customer service. They said I could just upgrade my tickets. Has anyone else heard that this is the way they are doing it...it doesnt really make sense.:confused:

CleveRocks
02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I wasnt told this when I called their customer service. They said I could just upgrade my tickets. Has anyone else heard that this is the way they are doing it...it doesnt really make sense.:confused:I can imagine they wouldn't tell you all the little details; in fact, I'll bet the person you spoke with was never even told what the details are. They are telling you the truth that they can be upgraded, they just didn't tell you each step involved in doing it.

I got my information from a CM who works in a WDW ticket booth, a person who's been a wonderful and 100% correct resource for several years.

The thing to keep in mind is that the CMs whom you speak with on the telephone aren't experts in all things WDW; Disney simply doesn't train them to know everything. But the CMs who actually work with the ticketing system are ticketing experts, and that's where I got this info. Keep in mind, if I had a question about resort reservations, I would NOT go to my ticket info source, again because Disney employees are not cross-trained.

LoriSan
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
so I would take my GAD ticket, enter the park, then before I leave, upgrade to a multi-day ticket? And I get the value of the 1 day ticket towards my multi-day?

CleveRocks
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM
so I would take my GAD ticket, enter the park, then before I leave, upgrade to a multi-day ticket? And I get the value of the 1 day ticket towards my multi-day?

Exactly!:thumbsup:

MoreMickey
02-15-2010, 05:21 PM
We went yesterday and my in-laws upgraded their vouchers at the will call window. So you could try. The worst that could happen is that you'll be told no.

forever a child
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
We went yesterday and my in-laws upgraded their vouchers at the will call window. So you could try. The worst that could happen is that you'll be told no.

Thanks for sharing this.:thumbsup:

Dont see why you would have to go into the park first to do the eventual upgrade anyways..:huh: