PDA

View Full Version : Cake Ordering from outside WDW??

TiggeRia
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I know there are several different threads out there on ordering specialty cakes, but I have a slightly different question.

I am interested in ordering a birthday cake for my dad while we are in WDW in March. Our dinner that night is at the Captain's Grille. I spoke to the restaurant directly, the Yacht Club's private dining, the cake hotline, and the Boardwalk Bakery and none of them are of very much help.

All I am looking for is a cake to serve 6 people, that is vanilla flavored with chocolate, whipped cream icing, and chocolate mousse filling (not dark chocolate, not white chocolate...just plain milk chocolate). None of those bakeries are able to do that for me, and to even get a cake that I can have personalized and choose the flavor (not that they offer what I want...) serves 16 people. That is the smallest cake they offer that can be personalized. Not at all what I am looking for....If I buy a smaller cake, it is chocolate/chocolate or vanilla/vanilla...

So, here's my question. Can I order from a local bakery in Orlando, pick it up, and take it to the restaurant myself? The restaurant told me that I could order a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery, but I would have to go get it myself. So if I can do that with the Boardwalk bakery, I should be able to do it with any bakery? Does anyone know of any good bakeries located near Disney World? Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

magicofdisney
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
If you're allowed to bring in your own cake I would recommend Publix. They make a delicious cake, to order.