PDA

View Full Version : Best place to see Wishes not in Park?

disneykid@hrt
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
We are going down for a super short last-minute trip next week. Since we only have 2 days in the parks I was hoping the first night we could sit somewhere and watch fireworks without using a ticket. I was thinking of just going and riding the monorail from MK to Epcot and back... We ate at Cali Grill during Wishes last month, and that was spectacular, but I'm not trying to spend THAT much money- just thought it would be fun. Thanks for any ideas! :thumbsup:

Altair
02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
You can see it from the TTC down by the ferry boat landing. They won't allow you to stand on the ramp though.:mickey:

This also gives you a quick escape before the mob comes across.

cajundisneyfreak
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
You could sit on the beach at the Polynesian.:mickey:

faline
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM

This is one of my favorite places to watch other than Main Street!

disneyluva
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
The porch of Narcoossee's at the GF. You can just sit on a bench (you don't need to buy dinner), and they pipe all the music and everything in! Did it a few weeks ago, and actually enjoyed it more than Main Street!:mickey:

bouncer
02-08-2010, 07:29 PM

ditto!!:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
We got to see the fireworks from the boat...going between GF and MK...although you couldn't hear the music...if you go to Narcoossee's,please be courteous and SIT on the benches and don't stand against the windows. We were eating dinner...Xmas Day and were lucky enough to be seated next to the window with a perfect view...until everyone came and so people were STANDING on the bench...needless to say, we didn't see very much.
:pirate:

Genie1953
02-08-2010, 08:44 PM

Can you hear the music from the beach?

cather74
02-08-2010, 08:55 PM
No, you can't hear the music from the beach but it really is so awesome.

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Even better than the Narcoossee's porch is grabbing a seat outside Gasparilla Grill along the Marina at the GF. You can buy snacks at Gasparilla to watch. The castle is framed perfectly in this area.

The Polynesian Beach, though, is tough to beat. It's a wider view, further away and more central, so you can see more of the fireworks. The MK trees block a lot of the lower fireworks from any viewpoint of the GF.

Polynesian Dweller
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
No, you can't hear the music from the beach but it really is so awesome.

Actually yes you can. In October they were piping the music in all along the main beach in front of the pool and the Hawaii building. Before that it had just been in front of the pool.

disneykid@hrt
02-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks everyone! I think we will ride the Monorail for a loop and then plop a squat on the beach! :cloud9:

JabberJaws
02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Most have already been said, but I will reiterate:

Beach at the Poly (hard to beat watching the fireworks from a hammock!)
Porch at Narcosse's (they even pump sound out there)
Roof at the Contemp
Monorail loop, though you only get a glimpse...it is still pretty cool to see them from the monorail.
You can even see them from the dock at the WL, though it isn't quite as good a view.

Enjoy!

ShanPooh
02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone! I think we will ride the Monorail for a loop and then plop a squat on the beach! :cloud9:

While on the beach, don't forget to make time to watch the Electrical Water Pageant! :thumbsup:

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Also, the beach at The Polynesian is a very popular spot- so don't expect it to be a secluded experience. It is beautiful from there though.