PDA

View Full Version : mexico cs

readytogo2
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
any thoughts on this place will be there in 2 wks and never tried this place

disneymom15
02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
We tried it a few years back. We didn't like it. In fact, we barely eat any of it.

PrinceCharming13
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
it was closed for rehab a few weeks ago. may still be when you are there.

Strmchsr
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
it was closed for rehab a few weeks ago. may still be when you are there.

Actually, not a refurb. They have totally torn down the old one and are building a new CS place, but it'll be a few weeks before it's finished.

Alligirl
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Actually, not a refurb. They have totally torn down the old one and are building a new CS place, but it'll be a few weeks before it's finished.

We were there last week and they have a temporary stand that sells nachos magaritas and a few other things.

ElenitaB
02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Indeed, Cantina de San Angel is undergoing an extensive (as in tear down and start again) refurb. Jason's posted information in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166898). In the meantime, there's a kiosk called "Taqueria del Lago" that has the following menu:

Taquitos - $9.75
Beef taquitos served with sour cream, queso fresco, and green tomato sauce. Served with refried beans and rice.

Tostadas de Pollo - $8.50
Chipotle marinated shredded chicken, refried black beans topped with lettuce, sour cream and queso fresco. Served with pico de gallo and guacamole.

Quesadillas - $8.50
Grilled flour tortilla with Chihuahua cheese, served with pico de gallo sauce, refried black beans and rice.

Guacamole with Corn Tortilla Chips - $5.50

Desserts
Churros - $3.25*
Flan - $3.25*

Beverages
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Nestea - $2.50*
Dasani Water - $2.50*

Alcoholic Beverages
XX Lager Draft Beer - $7.50
Frozen Passion Fruit Margarita - $8.99
Frozen Piņa Colada - $8.99

* Disney Dining Plan Eligible Item
Tax Not Included * Two Drinks Per ID

Current as of January 15, 2010

SBETigg
02-08-2010, 08:58 PM

The new place won't be open until the fall. At least, there's the kiosk in the meantime.

readytogo2
02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
is the kiosk food any different than the old cs doesnt look like anyone liked it

Ian
02-09-2010, 05:38 PM
is the kiosk food any different than the old cs doesnt look like anyone liked itQuality-wise or menu-wise?

I'm sure it's largely the same food, just "mixed up" differently so I would doubt the quality would have improved that much.

That being said, it wasn't any worse than any other low-priced Mexican food you'd get so I never had a real problem with it. We ate there more than once and were fine with what we got. Add enough hot sauce to even the worst Mexican food and it ends up tasting pretty decent. ;)

ElenitaB
02-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I didn't have a chance to eat at the Taqueria this past trip as much as I wanted to. While I can't vouch for taste, it did look pretty darn good, and yes, it is rather different than what was served at the Cantina. I'd say the drawback right now is that there really isn't any proper seating to sit and enjoy your meal.

bruin1344
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
the food at Cantina was ok, i liked it better than taco bell

ElenitaB
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM
is the kiosk food any different than the old cs doesnt look like anyone liked it
Yes, it is different (see the menu posted above). I liked the menu they had at Cantina right before they shut down; the older one not so much.