PDA

View Full Version : Small World down for repairs?

wgbuck
02-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Just ran into some friends who were at WDW last week and said Small World was down. I didn't see it on the refurb schedule, ... anybody have the scoop on this? And more importantly, ... know when it's going to be back?

Ian
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Not sure what they were talking about. I was there last week and rode Small World about a dozen times. It was never down that I saw.

DizneyRox
02-08-2010, 12:00 PM
... I was there last week and rode Small World about a dozen times. It was never down that I saw.
Did you really ride it a dozen times, or is that song stuck in your head? :D

forever a child
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
:silly:
Did you really ride it a dozen times, or is that song stuck in your head? :D

Ian
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Did you really ride it a dozen times, or is that song stuck in your head? :DOh no my friend ... "Da cwock wide" (translation "The Clock Ride", so called because of the large clock in the queue area) is my son's favorite ride in Disney World so we ride it over and over and over and over again.

Not only that, but we have it on video so I have to watch it at home over and over and over and over and over ...

Patricia
02-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Heh poor Ian. This was my favorite ride when I was five and I had to ride it over and over every time we were in Disneyland, driving my sisters crazy..

So glad I got over that. :thedolls:

horizonsgirl
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Oh no my friend ... "Da cwock wide" (translation "The Clock Ride", so called because of the large clock in the queue area) is my son's favorite ride in Disney World so we ride it over and over and over and over again.

Not only that, but we have it on video so I have to watch it at home over and over and over and over and over ...

LOL! Well, when I was 6 my father took me to the NY Worlds Fair. It was MY favorite ride and I made him ride it over and over and over again! In fact, when I was in my 20s and finally got to visit Disney Land I burst into tears as the boat entered the building because the WDW version is not like the original one and somehow, the child in me recognized that as we road through.

I do pity parents, but having tortured my own, I understand a child's love for it!

Iluvpooh
02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I rode it today and it doesn't seem like it was down recently. One of the hippos eyes was frozen closed.

Genie1953
02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I did a really onery thing to our daughter and her family on their trip to Disneyworld a couple of years ago. I told them that when they went to Magic Kingdom they just HAD to go ride It's a Small World FIRST...that it is the perfect start to a day in Magic Kingdom....which they followed instructions to a T and did. Then when we went to visit them about 3 months later I decided to be onery again...we pulled up in the driveway with our windows open and the CD player blasting away the It's a Small World song. The grandkids had come running out of the house to greet us and when they heard that song....they took off running for the house with their hands over their ears screaming "No No No!" Evidently that song was stuck in their heads not just that first day at Disneyworld but for the rest of their trip. Now I am not even allowed to say the words "Small World" around them. I sort of feel bad about it now.... :blush:

megustamex
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Not sure what they were talking about. I was there last week and rode Small World about a dozen times. It was never down that I saw.

Ahh, but I have learned to love Small World as a parent. It's the perfect ride when you are tired! You can sit for 12 minutes or so, in the A/C, the kids are totally entertained, and there's never a long line. Relief!

NJDad
02-09-2010, 05:45 AM
One day on our end of Jan. trip it was closed when we passed by, but was open when we were there later.

Ian
02-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Ahh, but I have learned to love Small World as a parent. It's the perfect ride when you are tired! You can sit for 12 minutes or so, in the A/C, the kids are totally entertained, and there's never a long line. Relief!Agreed! :mickey:

joonyer
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Like all attractions, it can be temporarily closed for a malfunction and the reopen later that same day or next day. Maybe that's what the person the OP heard from experienced.

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Probably a minor shut-down for a technical reason. I think it's funny that many people think a ride is closed for weeks simply because it was closed at the time they wandered in front of it.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Oh no my friend ... "Da cwock wide" (translation "The Clock Ride", so called because of the large clock in the queue area) is my son's favorite ride in Disney World so we ride it over and over and over and over again.

You just got so much taller in my book!:mickey:

CaptSmee
02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
One day on our end of Jan. trip it was closed when we passed by, but was open when we were there later.

yeah, us too. it was closed in the evening1 day. I was so relieved! :) unfotunately, it was open the rest of the week.

TinkerBell-Bell
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I haven't ridden it since 2001 and I can still get the song stuck in my head by the name. Good thing I like it then. It seems fair enough to say that if it malfunctions for any reason it will be closed for a period of time, but if you get there and find your fave ride closed and your afraid its down for refurb, you could always ask a CM

Superzeus84
02-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I was there on Sunday and rode on it. Yesterday afternoon it was closed, not sure why or what happened....I meant to ask a Castmember but i forgot.

Laughin' place
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
My sister loved this ride so much when she was 2ish. She would wave frantically at every doll. Toward the end, she would start waving goodbye, without being aware that she was doing it. When she looked at her hand and saw "it" waving bye-bye, she would look betrayed and then burst into tears. She looked like a cartoon character. We would then turn right around and get back in line. It was always good for a smile and laugh

Melanie
02-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Open today, with a 30 minute wait around 1pm. It's crowded at the MK today!

jpH/keD
02-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Loved Small world as a child! Rode it about 12 times in 3 days!

As a parent loved taking the kids in 2005 and 2007! Our last day in 07 they said lets ride it one more time for the road! We did and something broke!! We got STUCK in there for over 30 minutes!!! THE SONG, THE SONG...over and over again and again! FINALLY someone turned off the music, what happened? :secret:All the kids started singing THE SONG!!! Funny now but not then!!:thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Was just there last week. Though we didn't ride it, we saw plenty of people enjoying it!

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM

You have my deepest sympathy...;)