PDA

View Full Version : Mickey PAL/Pal Mickey

wdwluv
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Have any of you bought that Mickey that talks in the park?

Is it worth it?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
He's cute but they no longer sell him. You can check EBay to see if you can find one.

You also have to hold him right up to your ear to hear him in the parks. But he'll giggle & shake to let you know he has something to say. He's not really big so he's easy to carry around. I hook him to a lanyard.

BigRedDad
02-08-2010, 07:29 AM
For me, definitely not worth it. It was a neat concept. However, he is no where near loud enough to hear and it was not that informative at all.

Imagineer1981
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
They definitely should revisit the idea, and make improvements. We really like having him, but he never really did what he was supposed to do, as in tell us the parade is starting and stuff. Maybe if they can improve that tech then I'll get a new version if it ever comes out

nqi2
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I wonder with them coming out with the application Mobile Magic for cell phones if this is how they are revisiting this.

Faver
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I got my PM, from Disney Merchandising when I heard he'd be discontinued. He's a really cute concept, and a must for a Mickey fan....however I wouldn't want to carry him around all day... especially in the Florida heat!!!

disneydad153
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
We got it when my friend purchased it with his xmas discount. I would never had paid full price for it. I found it interesting at first but by end of trip it sat in basket under the stroller. I wouldn't waste the money getting one on ebay. It was discontinued awhile ago, wonder how much longer it will work in the parks anyway.:mickey:

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Definitely not worth it. That's the reason he is no longer available.

blondeinbrandon
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
My son loves his. We bought it when he was about 5 and he felt like he was special. Mickey told him all the special parts of Animal Kingdom and which animals were down each path.
He still brings him to the parks (DS is 9).
I wish they would reinvent him nice to have an interactive Mickey.
:mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-10-2010, 08:12 AM
....this is the first I've heard of Pal Mickey in years .... it's a shame that big / expensive things fall by the wayside.....:(