PDA

View Full Version : Temple Grandin (Now showing on HBO)

NotaGeek
02-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Did anyone watch this remarkable HBO Picture about Temple Grandin? It was phenomenally acted by the entire cast, great costuming and the story was true and based on the life of the Autism and Humane Treatment of Cattle activist Temple Grandin ... if you didn't catch it record it or look for it On Demand ... I was completely inspired by her life and story!

Melanie
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
I caught a showing on HBO this afternoon Michael. Very good! Besides Claire who did a great job and deserves an Emmy, I always enjoy David Strathairn.

NotaGeek
02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I caught a showing on HBO this afternoon Michael. Very good! Besides Claire who did a great job and deserves an Emmy, I always enjoy David Strathairn.
I totally agree!

Mickey'sGirl
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I am so looking forward to seeing this film. Temple is a huge inspiration to the Autistic Community. She is fabulous and brilliant and a great example of what people can do with perseverance and hard work. We don't have HBO up here, though there is HBO Canada (which is a crazy combination of Showtime/HBO). I hope to get to see this soon! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I'll be seeing this as soon as it's released on DVD. It's always nice to see Autism Spectrum people portrayed in a positive light. And, I think Claire Danes is one of the best young actresses out there...

AdventurerKim
02-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Great movie! Claire Danes is brilliant in this!

MegaDisney
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Just finished watching this! Very good.

I love the visual representations of what Temple saw as things were said. It was interesting to "see" the world through the eyes of someone on the Autistic Spectrum.

Claire Daines was absolutely incredible. This should have been a theatre release because her preformance is Oscar worthy!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
My husband caught this and thought it provided great insight into autism and Temple's view of the world and how her brain worked. He highly recommends viewing this! :mickey: