PDA

View Full Version : Knott's Berry Farm

Nekochan
02-06-2010, 05:12 PM
I will be able to do a theme park in Los Angeles with my son on February 14th of this year and was thinking of giving Knott's a try (my 14 year old son is really into the giant roller coasters that make your brains ooze out of your ears). So, I'm considering Knott's Berry Farm, since they have some big roller coasters.

Anyone have any idea of the crowds that day? And any suggestions for a must do?

TheDuckRocks
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
:offtopic: Just had to throw this in - my husband and I met and started dating 48 years ago while working at Knott's.
As for the coasters at Knott's I would suggest you go to their website and take a look as they have a lot of info there. About 5 years ago we took a couple of teens with us to Knott's and they happy with the Ghost Rider and a number of other rides that I enjoyed watching them go on.:jaw::coaster::scared:

MegaDisney
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Knotts can be fun, especially if you like coasters.

Best ones:
Ghostrider
Xcelerator

badkitty
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
And don't forget Mrs. Knott's famous chicken dinner! :eat:

Nekochan
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone know what the crowds will be like on Valentine's day/day befor President's day?

JPL
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
As for must do's Ghost Rider and Xcelerator(if it's working). Also for a more Disney like experience the Mine Train is alot of fun. If you are going for coasters you might want to look into Magic Mountain they have much better coasters and also a lot more of them.

Nekochan
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I was thinking of Magic Mountain, but first of all it's more expensive, and secondly, my son is going on a school trip to 6 flags in Mass. in April, and then he's going again to the NJ six flags for his birthday . I was thinking Knott's was a little different - I'm just concerned about the crowds.

TheDuckRocks
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
My guest would be that all amusement parks in the LA area will be busy that day as it is the middle of a 3 day week-end and the weather forecast is for sun. After the beating they have been taking with the major rain in the area I would think a ton of people will be wanting to do something outside if the weather is nice.