PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant at Disney

princess0511
02-06-2010, 03:53 PM
We go to Disney every year. This trip in April I will be 24 weeks pregnant. We are taking our son who will be 3 in July. Any tips for being at the World when u are pregnant. We are going for 9 days, so we will have time to relax and not stay at the parks all day. I am just a little nervous about all the walking and heat. Thanks for the advice!

Madame Leona
02-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I did a pregnant April trip a few years ago. The best advice I have is to drink lots of water, wear comfortable clothes and shoes (you will be doing some swelling) and don't be afraid to take advantage of those benches in the shade. I tried to push myself but my dad (who was clearly smarter than me) started to find us some really nice spots in the shade. Just go at your own pace and have fun!

Joannelet
02-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Also, use the baby centers as much as you can. You can sit in there for a little bit with your 3 year old and unwind in the air conditioning. There are seats and tv etc to relax and your 3 year old can have some downtime there as well.

shan1021
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I went last year and I was about the same amount of weeks pregnant as you and I went in march, and I still had a great time. I took some breaks and sat on the bench while I had some snacks haha and I loved just taking pictures and just enjoying the view. I did get to do plenty of rides and still had a great time. Just pace yourself and don't push yourself past your limit and just take everything in. you'll have a great time!

Belle_0717
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
In November, I was almost 26 weeks with twins. I was upset I could not ride RNRC, ToT, E:E, Splash, BTMRR, etc. I did get to ride Potc - my all time favorite - TWICE.

The walking was a little hard but there were a lot of places to sit when I needed to. I also took a nap in the afternoon which helped me keep up.

We were able to stay at Bay Lake Towers and I spent most of the trip at the Magic Kingdom. I think I had higher expectations for myself but I am happy I got to do all that I did.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I have gone to Disney while pregnant with both of my girls. I was there at 6.5 months with the first and then 5 months prego with the 2nd (and a then 2 year old in tow). The first time was in the HOT, HOT month of September. But, ironcally, I am cold when pregnant - totally opposite of everyone else who's prego! The 2nd was in December where, again, I was cold. Looking back it was perfect weather - jeans and a t-shirt during the day and a sweatshirt at night.

Its remarkable how kind everyone is when they see a big baby belly coming at them - I swear I'm in full maternity clothes as soon as the pregnancy test is positive! Many times, people gave up their seats for me on any of the transportations. It was the year of a million wishes and I got to jump ahead in line alot. I also sat and people watched. One of the real first times that I was able to do that without my usually do or die mentality. I always had a snack of some sort with me and some water.

I also took advantage of the baby centers... especially the 2nd time around. I kind of felt silly going in there when I was prego with the first since I didn't have a baby in my arms yet. But, during Sept, there was no shame in my game when I was really hot!

One of the best things that I have from my prego trips are pictures with characters with their hands on my belly. I have one with Jessie, Buzz, Woody and Bullseye - yes all 4 in 1 picture! Jessie had her hand on my belly, Buzz had his hand on my shoulder Buzz and Bullseye were kneeling on the ground in front of me pointing to my belly. I have a picture of Mickey holding my belly and Minnie whispering to my stomach.

This is making me want to go and find all my pictures to reminise!

Being prego is such a magical time.... and at DisneyWorld???? - doesn't get any more magical than that. :cloud9: :thumbsup:

trynkat
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
If you are able, go back to your resort for a midafternoon break/rest. Sometimes I soaked my feet in the pool; sometimes I rested in the room with my feet propped up. It gave me the energy I needed to go back and enjoy the parks in the evenings.

princess0511
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the great tips. I am really looking forward to the trip. Our son is very excited too!

KAT1811
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I did a trip a year and a half ago 5 months pregnant with my fourth baby with our three little ones. We were there in November. To tell you the truth I have fabulous pregnancies (obviously, I keep doing it! ;)) so I just did Disney the same way we always do it. A park every day with a break at the pool after a few days, then back to the parks. No naps or much resting (with three children I rarely get to relax anyway). I would just say to pack comfortable clothes, stay well hydrated, you will have to increase your typical water intake because you will be more active in Disney even if it is just walking. Eat as many of the snacks as you can (hey your pregnant best time to indulge! :blush:) Listen to your body, you'll know what you need to do. Me, I didn't need to take breaks or stop often, we just kept moving and I felt great getting all the exercise. Take the time to eat a good meal at least once a day. We were back at the room on the early side with the little ones so after everyone was in bed DH and I went to bed too which helped keep me well rested and energized for the next day.

On our next to the last day of a two week trip DH had to fly home early for a business meeting leaving me alone in Disney 5 months pregnant with 3 other children! We spent the day at Epcot and we still had a great time! Not to mention the help I got from other vacationers was fabulous.

For some added attention pin a "First Visit" pin to your belly. Have a great time.

Brooklynos
02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
The first visit pin on your belly is an awesome idea!!! DH and I are hoping to get pregnant this year and are headed down in a month. If we are lucky enough to find out good news before than we will get the pin.

Another neat idea (thanks to a friend of mine who found out she was newly pregnant right before her trip) is to have the characters that you are posing with to point to your belly. This is how my friend told their parents they were expecting and said the characters really got into it. I imagine if you are further in it would still be neat to show your child when they are older.....

MinnieMommie
02-14-2010, 08:13 AM
On one trip I was due with my fourth in December and we visited in September so I was at about the same gestational weeks as you. It was very hot (hotter than usual for the time period - on the news and all) but I was fine. I was actually more worried about the heat and my little ones. We drank lots of water and I had one of those fans that blew out water which worked like a charm cooling us down.

Like others have mentioned, take breaks and find air conditioned spots where you can rest. Keep hydrated and find the shade from time to time. You will also be restricted from entering several rides so be prepared for that. :mickey:

dreamscometrue
02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I loved Disney when I was pregnant. First time, with my first, i was just about 8 weeks along and it was an April trip. The weather was perfect and I just made sure i drank water and ate my Mickey Bars! We were so excited to be pregnant in WDW.

Second time, I had my 3 yr old with me for a February trip. My husband had business mtgs so I took my daughter to the MK and it was fantastic. Being pregnant made me slow down, and follow my daughter along. We relaxed, shopped, did a few rides, etc.

Both of my children have memory books of their "very first visits" to WDW. They are now 20 and 16!