PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones stunt show changes

Mickey 101
02-05-2010, 12:30 AM
When we visited WDW recently, the show was much shorter than in the past. It ended after the 'village' scene and didn't include the big finale with the plane anymore. Is this a permanent change to the format, and if so, why?

badkitty
02-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I think I know what you experienced. Was it raining or had it rained before the show you saw? When we saw it on Monday, it was raining and the director explained that the roof-top stunts and the finale/airplane scene were too dangerous to perform in the rain or when the area was too wet.

Bobby T
02-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Shucks...I was hoping from the title of your post that you actually saw some real changes in the show. I really enjoyed the Stunt Show the first few times, but it is desperately in need of some updates.

Jeniflower
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
We were there twice last year and once we saw the full show and once they cut it short but that was due to technical difficulties

Strmchsr
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
It's not permanent. I think, as stated above, it must have been either due to weather or technical difficulties. One of my good friends plays Indy and he hasn't talked about any changes.

Altair
02-05-2010, 08:10 AM
We were there in early January at the show where the set got stuck during the final scene change. The attraction was down for the rest of the week. They could still be having problems getting things fixed.

Kenny1113
02-05-2010, 08:17 AM
We Expirienced the same thing in May! They kinda came out and said they were having problems with last scene. It was pretty awkward the audiance kinda looked around unsure if this was another "bit". There was no real send off. Kind of a bummer!

Strmchsr
02-05-2010, 09:26 AM
We were there in early January at the show where the set got stuck during the final scene change. The attraction was down for the rest of the week. They could still be having problems getting things fixed.

That was a scheduled refurb for a week in January. Sounds like it should have been a little longer, though.

DisneyDoug2
02-05-2010, 09:35 AM
We were there in Mid Jan and watched it on a sunny day and it aslo was cut short. Not sure if is a seasonal cost savings move, simular to shutting down other select things around the kingdom.

WelshieLover
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Last week I think we saw it Jan 25th, we saw the complete show including the airplane and explosions.

Goes4FastPass
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
WHEN are they going to update this attraction??

The Walt Disney Company wants guests to visit time and time again, heck, they want guests to join the DVC and visit regularly for decades yet they open an attraction like this and leave it largely unchanged forever.

This attraction could be changed incrementally since it is presented as separate "scenes".

Wait, don't tell me, I forgot, this attraction must be be unchangeable because it's a "classic".

Of course guests are knocking each other over to get to Toy Story Mania. They are chanting, "Please give us something new."

Imagineer1981
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
While I think the stunt show was necessary during the original days of the park, having two stunt shows now with LMA makes it really seem unnecessary and I think replacing the Indy show with perhaps the Indy ride from DL would be a great addition to the park and bring another E-ticket attraction over to that area of the park. That ride combined with a new Star Tours would really put DHS back on the map

Patricia
02-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I was at the Indy show on either the 19th or 20th of Jan (it's a blur) and it was a packed audience! I guess if they can keep that pace why would they bother to change it? The majority of people only visit WDW once or twice in their lifetime so it's all new to them. The LMA show was also full to capacity. It was crazy crowded. :eek:

Unfortunately, it was raining on and off that day and we got the short version of Indy.

BigThunderFan
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
We saw the full show on 1/27, but it was a beautiful day. And like the pp mentioned, it was a full house. Even though rides had short lines and the park wasn't really crowded, all of the shows we saw were always at capacity or pretty close.

Glad I got to see the show finally, but now that we have, I would love to try the ride!

brownie
02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
In 2003, they cut out the whole beginning of the show and started with the town scene because of problems with the first set.

Altair
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Does Indy drop down from the ceiling anymore? He didn't the last two times we've seen the show.

Mousefever
02-06-2010, 04:41 PM
He did drop from the ceiling on 1/25. There was a technical glitch at the beginning of the airplane scene, so they fixed what was wrong with the plane and did the full scene from the beginning.

Amy

magicofdisney
02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I was at the Indy show on either the 19th or 20th of Jan (it's a blur) and it was a packed audience! I guess if they can keep that pace why would they bother to change it? The majority of people only visit WDW once or twice in their lifetime so it's all new to them. The LMA show was also full to capacity. It was crazy crowded. :eek:

Unfortunately, it was raining on and off that day and we got the short version of Indy.
I concur. I've rarely been to an Indy show (and we go often because both of my sons are fans) that didn't require guest to "move toward the center" to make room for others. Probably the only time I didn't see it filled to capacity was a windy, rainy day that kept the sides empty due to the weather.

Sunshine1010
10-25-2010, 12:38 AM
We saw the show in Dec. 2009...nice day....clear....and it was cut short, with no explanation.

tinkman
10-25-2010, 06:05 AM
We were there in March 2010 and noticed at the before the show was supposed to start that the first scene was "not in place". It was pushed out to the sides and of all the times I had seen this show, this was really strange. The show then started with a CM coming out saying that they had technical difficulties with the first scene so they were starting with the market scene, however, it did start with Indy dropping in from the top, and dodging the spears. Really lost the mood of the show.

brivers222
10-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Didnt get a chance to see it this past trip... however in the countless times i have seen it (5/2004 and 5/2006) i have never had the show cut short and Indy always dropped from the ceiling like clockwork.... Guess i was just really lucky. I hope i can see the full show again next visit

Ian
10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
While I'm not one of them, many people seem to still love this show. I've seen it enough by now, but the few times I have gone recently it's still been packed.

Disney has so many attractions and shows that struggle to pull in meaningful attendance that I can't say I support them making changes to one that's consistently a top draw.

IloveJack
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
We saw it just a little over a week ago. I wasn't worried about seeing it, as I've seen it plenty of times before, but the others on the trip hadn't, so we watched it. As stated before, it was packed out. We had to move in for others. I doubt this one is going anywhere soon, with such a great number of spectators.

AndyMan
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I guess at this point, it is catching new generations of viewers, and at the Hollywood Studios, it's one of those things Grandma and Grandpa can do with the whole family as well-- I think that always increases attendance at ceratin attractions.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Shucks...I was hoping from the title of your post that you actually saw some real changes in the show. I really enjoyed the Stunt Show the first few times, but it is desperately in need of some updates.

:ditto:

To be honest we haven't even bothered to stop at it in a number of years. I'm thinking it has been 10 years or so since I've seen it. I'm not a big fan, obviously, but IMHO it's one of those things that once you've seen it it loses it's luster.

BklynChick
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
We decided to do Indy last week as we had not done it since 2001. I figured we'd stroll in about 10 minutes before and have our pick of seats. NOT! The theater was PACKED! I have to admit, the show was much better than I remembered it.

Gator
10-30-2010, 10:01 PM
WHEN are they going to update this attraction??
Wait, don't tell me, I forgot, this attraction must be be unchangeable because it's a "classic".

Of course guests are knocking each other over to get to Toy Story Mania. They are chanting, "Please give us something new."

Well, it IS a classic. It's based on famous scenes from films. They could replace certain scenes with others, but the ones in place now are the most famous. I don't see how they could change it, without replacing it altogether.