PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Questions

bkfree
02-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Can any one tell me historically when WDW announces the Free Dining for Sept. Hypothetically assuming they will do the same this year.

We are thinking about going in Sept. for the first time and wanted to know when we would be able to book for this or how long to wait for it?

magicofdisney
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
In the past they've first offered it to Disney Visa holders at the beginning of April. Within a week or two they'd offer it to the general public.

Strmchsr
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
But you could book now if you want. We always book through Magical Journeys then whenever the discounts are released they apply it to our reservation automatically. That keeps me from having to fight the rush when a discount comes out.

motherof4
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
does anyone know the date the free dinig starts and if they are doing it this year I know it is sometime in aug but I don't know the exact date

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
A few weeks ago I received an e-mail with a PIN code for free dining.

It stated: Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE* when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
For stays most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10.

Keep in mind that this was an isolated PIN code offer and does not in any way mean that these are the dates free dining will be offered to the general public or that free dining will be offered to the general public at all. However, this could potentially be an indicator of the general time frame it might be offered this year.

Strmchsr
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
does anyone know the date the free dinig starts and if they are doing it this year I know it is sometime in aug but I don't know the exact date

They have not released those dates yet. As Erin noted above, sometimes the pin codes give hints as to what might be coming, but in previous years the dates of the pin codes/bounceback offers have not matched up exactly with the public offering. So, in general plan on some sort of discount late August through September, but don't plan on exact dates until/if they announce something.

IloveJack
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Any idea if free dining will be extended to December like last year? What were the dates last year, if you remember?

Strmchsr
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Any idea if free dining will be extended to December like last year? What were the dates last year, if you remember?

There is absolutely no way of knowing. Disney plays all discounts very close to the vest and there's no way to even speculate about what might happen beyond the current round of discounts. The only news about future is discounts is that Iger said in a recent news release that WDW would be scaling WAY back on discounts for the second half of the year. So, don't count on anything and be surprised if it does happen.