PDA

View Full Version : Signature Restaurants

chichi1515
02-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Planning a trip in december and was wondering whic SR are the best.

wdw dude
02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
So far, my favorite signature restaurant is Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge.

:mickey:

SBETigg
02-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Everyone has different favorites. My two favorites are California Grill and Narcoossee's. California Grill is hard to beat for the combination of great food and service with breathtaking views. But Narcoossee's has a relaxed, slightly more intimate vibe, also with good food and service.

But I've tried and loved Citricos, Flying Fish, and Jiko as well. Hollywood Brown Derby, I like it a lot but it doesn't measure up to the other Signature experiences for me. I haven't tried Artist Point, Yachstman's Steakhouse yet.

WishingStar2006
02-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Another vote for Narcosees and California Grill. I've tried Yachtsman Steak House and was not impressed but I'm going to give it another try since everyone on Intercot raves about it...I'm also going to be trying Jiko and Artist Point for the first time on my upcoming trip.

But seriously, Narcosees cannot be missed. The food, the atmosphere, the view...it's heaven on the water!!!

c&d
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
My favorites are Narccoosee's, Artist Point and California Grill. Everytime we've eaten at one of these the meals have been great, the service exceptional and the views from Narccoosee's and Cali Grill spectacular.

Ms. Mode
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Love The Brown Derby. The menu is limited but the steak, cobb salad and grapefruit cake are the best :mickey:

pamickeys
02-04-2010, 09:54 AM
I assume you are on DDP, if not,Shula's is the best. if you are then try Cali Grill.

chichi1515
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
yes we are on the DDP....I keep hearing about the Cali Grill...Where is it located? Is it in Cont Res...and can you see the fireworks from there?

TheDuckRocks
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
It's always interesting to see that everyone has very different choices when discussing food.
Starting in order with my favorite here is my list of signature restaurants we have eaten at:
1) Yachtsman's Steakhouse
2) Flying Fish
3) Jiko
4) Narcoosee's
5) Artist Point
6) Brown Derby
In April we are going to Citrico's, it will be fun to see where I place it on the list when I get back.

SBETigg
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
yes we are on the DDP....I keep hearing about the Cali Grill...Where is it located? Is it in Cont Res...and can you see the fireworks from there?

It's at the top of the Contemporary Resort. Depending on your seat, you have sweeping views of the Seven Seas Lagoon, the Magic Kingdom, Bay Lake, and you can even see Epcot and DHS off in the distance (most notably after dark, once fireworks start going off). You can see the MK fireworks from some tables, but they also have an observation deck for guests (go out early, before the rest of the crowd). Your server will help coordinate food/drink service around the fireworks activity.

prttynpnk
02-04-2010, 04:21 PM
1) Yachtsman's Steakhouse
2) Flying Fish
3) Jiko
4) Narcoosee's
5) Artist Point
6) Brown Derby

A perfect list!!

bellefromboston
02-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Jiko is fabulous! One of my absolute favorites! Good luck deciding! :thumbsup:

chichi1515
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
thanks for all the input, we are thinking about skipping breakfest everday and using two table services for each night at a SR..........we can pick up a muffin ect at the bakery every morning..........thoughts?

AllDisney
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Our favorites are Jiko & Artist Point. We also like California Grill & Brown Derby. You can't go wrong, I think, in your choice:mickey:

AllDisney
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Our favorites are Jiko & Artist Point. We also like California Grill & Brown Derby. You can't go wrong, I think, in your choice:mickey:

SBETigg
02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
thanks for all the input, we are thinking about skipping breakfest everday and using two table services for each night at a SR..........we can pick up a muffin ect at the bakery every morning..........thoughts?

This is a great plan. It worked well for us. You can even have your dessert wrapped to bring back to the room and save it for breakfast if you want. But, all those big meals in a row is a lot to take on. We did it that way last trip. This trip, we're only doing Basic Dining instead of Deluxe and having a Signature meal every other day.