PDA

View Full Version : Disney's California Food & Wine Festival 2010 (**UPDATED**)

NotaGeek
02-03-2010, 02:43 AM
That's right ... its' time for the Food & Wine Festival again! I hope I can get there to see it this year ... it sounds like they might be stepping it up a bit...

Find the full story on INTERCOT'S Disneyland Resort Info Front Page (http://intercotwest.com/default.aspx) ...

MegaDisney
02-04-2010, 10:18 AM
I have never been to the DCA event. I would love to go sometime, I have enjoyed the Epcot Festival a couple of times.

NotaGeek
02-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Great news from the DisneyParks blog for Annual Passholders wanting to attend some of the special features during the Food & Wine Festival :

The most voracious fans of Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=FoodWineLandingPage&int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY10Q1F&WFestivalArtofFlavor04-02-10@0001) know that the fifth annual Festival will celebrate “The Art of Flavor” from April 16 through May 31 this year. But the date they’re really craving is the first day of ticket sales. We’ve got that news for you today.

Tickets for selected Signature events go on sale February 4 for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders only, at the Special Offer Page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/detail?name=AP_FoodWinePreSale_SpecialOfferPage&int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY10Q1F&WFestivalArtofFlavor04-02-10@0001). General sales of all Festival Signature events will begin on February 16 at 10 a.m., at www.disneyland.com/foodandwine (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=FoodWineLandingPage&int_cmp=SOC-intDPFY10Q1F&WFestivalArtofFlavor04-02-10@0001).

Annual Passholders will be able to register from February 4 through February 15 to get special reduced prices for these events: winemaker dinners, a new Brewmaster Dinner, and the Festival finale celebration “Taste Food-Wine-Life.” Annual Passholders must provide proof of membership online.
While you may be familiar with the winemaker dinners, here’s a little more information about “Taste Food-Wine-Life.” It’s a fun, high-energy evening that combines the best elements of the Food & Wine Festival into one grand finale celebration, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 29. The party has live musical entertainment, an outstanding selection of wines and a variety of food to taste. Not only do you get to see Disney chefs whipping up their specialty food dishes, you can talk to them about their creations as you sample their work.
Here are the list of special priced events available for pre-sale for AP Holders:

Taste Food-Wine-Life
Eat, drink and enjoy a celebration for all your senses! Experience the most anticipated event of the Festival in "grand tasting" style.

Saturday, May 29; 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
Stage 17, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney's California Adventure® Park
Regular Price $135; Annual Passholder Price $110, plus tax. Gratuity included.

Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event; valid photo ID required. No one under the required age will be admitted including infants or children accompanied by an adult. Space is limited. Separate admission to Disney's California Adventure® Park is required.

Winemaker Dinners
Raise a glass and toast the artistry of four renowned winemakers as Steakhouse 55 chef Jason Martin creates an outstanding pairing menu to showcase their exceptional wines.

April 23 – Buena Vista Carneros; Jeff Stewart, Winemaker
April 30 – Schweiger Vineyards; Andrew and Diana Schweiger
May 14 – Hartford Family Wines; David Hartford, Proprietor
May 21 – Groth Vineyards & Winery

Friday evenings; 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Steakhouse 55, the Disneyland® Hotel
Regular Price $135; Annual Passholder Price $110, plus tax. Gratuity included.

You must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event; valid photo ID required. No one under the required age will be admitted including infants or children accompanied by an adult. Space is limited.

Brewmaster Dinner
The essential ingredients for this memorable evening include fresh seasonal fare artfully paired with quality, handcrafted beers from the Karl Strauss Brewing Company.

Friday, May 7; 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Steakhouse 55, the Disneyland® Hotel
Regular Price $110; Annual Passholder Price $90, plus tax. Gratuity included.

You must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event; valid photo ID required. No one under the required age will be admitted including infants or children accompanied by an adult. Space is limited.

Marla
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks so much for the new information. I have been so busy watching the D23 site I forgot about this. I have been to all four Wine and Food Festivals and do not want to miss this one. They just keep getting better and better. The folks over at the Golden Vine Winery told me that all the events will be held in the building in the corner over buy Monsters, Inc. where it used to house a wide variety of foods (great food but it closed shortly after DCA opened). The name escapes me right now, but it is a great place for these events. As well as it is nice to see this place used again. In the past special events for the FAWF have been in the old Millionaire building. :tink:

MegaDisney
02-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri – Opening Weekend
Chef Showcase Stage
Culinary Demonstration
Friday, April 16 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Saturday, April 17 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Autograph Signing immediately following

Celebrity Chef Cat Cora
Chef Showcase Stage
Culinary Demonstration
Saturday, April 24 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Sunday, April 25 3:30 – 4:30 pm

Featured Chef Jeffrey Saad - Next Food Network Star
Chef Showcase Stage
Culinary Demonstration
Friday, April 23 2:00 - 2:45 pm
Saturday, April 24 2:00 - 2:45 pm
Sunday, April 25 2:00 - 2:45 pm

Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine
Friday, May 21 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Saturday, May 22 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Sunday, May 23 3:30 – 4:30 pm

Sweet Sundays:
Elaine Ardizzone & Donna Cellere – Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.
Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito - Baked
Richard Ruskell – Montage, Beverly Hills

NotaGeek
02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks Bryant! Hmmm, did Disney buy the Food Network or what? :chef:

Marla
04-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Has anyone been to the Food and Wine Festival yet? I am going next week. I have gone all four years, this event just keeps on getting better and better.:tink:

Phantod
04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
We were there last year, and will be going again the first weekend in May. Really looking forward to it. It doesn't compare to the one at WDW, but nonetheless, it's great.

BrerGnat
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
We're going to check it out tomorrow. Hoping for some good stuff to try!

Disney4us2
04-18-2010, 03:32 AM
Has anyone been to the Food and Wine Festival yet? I am going next week. I have gone all four years, this event just keeps on getting better and better.:tink:

I was there on Saturday. We only went to one demo. It was from Dole. It was fantastic. They started out with a pinapple/yogurt smoothie. Main course was a shrimp and a scallop wrapped in bacon with peach slices served over rice. Dessert was a lemon curd with blueberries topped with whipped cream and toasted coconut.

I wish I could have done more, but DD was too board with the first one.

BrerGnat
04-18-2010, 10:32 PM
We went today. The park was MASSIVELY crowded. Traffic was a nightmare as well, getting to and from the parks...

We will be back on Friday, and hope to check out the beer walk (which looked cool, but we didn't have time today) as well as the offerings on Stage 12 in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Taste Pilot's Grill has a good sounding Pulled Pork BBQ sandwich, but the other offerings we saw were "meh" sounding. I tried the "Dulce de Leche cheesecake" from Cucina Cucamonga (because we ate lunch there) and it was good cheesecake, but it was NOT real Dulce de Leche caramel. It tasted like the Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping...

They did have some good wines available around, though. Wish we didn't have the kids with us today. ;)

Overall, it looks like there is more going on than in years past, but I really wish there was a list of the specialty F&WF food items at the different CS places, because walking around to all of them to find out what's offered is a pain...

Marla
04-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, I had another terrific time. I have attended all 5 events now. This was run a little differently from the past, which caused me some confusion, and the CM's all had different answers for me as well...but, once I figured it out, it was fun. I am sure all the construction had a play in the differences as well as a California law that "changed". If you were attending a demonstration that included alcohol, in the past you showed ID and received an arm band. This year you showed up at least an hour before the venue, produced ID and paid $1.00. In the past 30 minutes before the event seemed to be fine. As, it was quite crowded, it appeared that the lines were forming way early for each event. The wine tastings, started almost 3 hours before the event. And the Iron Chef events had lines well over the 7 hour mark. Thank God for special events , that you paid for in advance, online. I went to the Riedel Event that was just so informative. I will definetely be there again next year. And I hope business or something takes me in again before this event is over. It was great. :tink:

BrerGnat
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
My DH and sister had a blast at the F&W Festival last Friday. They did a couple wine tasting seminars (didn't have to wait in lines...they were practically BEGGING people to go to them, so they paid $1 twice for the wine seminars...just walked in last minute) and enjoyed the Belgian Beer Garden and food in Studio 12 at the Backlot. They saw one of the food network star presentations (just watched from standing). They had a great time. I guess all the beer they drank helped!

The weekday was a HUGE difference in crowds. DCA was practically deserted until later in the afternoon.