PDA

View Full Version : Legend Of The Lion King Show At Ak

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
My mom and sister are going down the second week of March and she could not find any mention of the Legend of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. She was afraid the show is no longer there...she is wrong, isn't she?:confused:

DizneyRox
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Legend of the Lion King was never a show at AK. It was a Magic Kingdom show and was closed to make room for Mickey's Philharmagic.

At AK you are looking for Festival of the Lion King which is much better than LotLK.

kwaller
02-02-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a Lion King show at the AK, and they still have it as far as I know, they did last year. I don't think that is the correct name though. Anyway it is a wonderful show, I think it is called Festival of the Lion KIng, that is probably what you are thinking of.

MaxPower
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
For clarification:

There used to be an all-puppet show called Legend of the Lion King at the Magic Kingdom. It no longer exists and the theater in which it was performed is now home to Mickey's Philharmagic.

The Festival of the Lion King plays daily at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It is one of the most popular shows in Walt Disney World and should not be missed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
sorry, it is Festival of the Lion King....that is the one she is looking for so if its still there everything is alright:thumbsup:

WelshieLover
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
As of last week Jan 23-30 the Festival of the Lion King was still at AK. It is a great show.

Zawadi
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
The Festival of the Lion King is very much alive at Camp Minnie Mickey within the Animal Kingdom. A fantastic show with acrobats, dancers, stilt-walkers, a fire-eater and singers. We usually see it at least twice during each trip.

The Legend of the Lion King was, as already said in the Magic Kingdom where PhilarMagic is now situated. This show was in two parts:

A pre-show stage (standing room only) where Raffiki introduced the story of the Lion King. He started by sniffing the air and saying "Whats's that smell? Ah yes, I recognise it - homosapiens! WELCOME!"
The main seated theatre where the story of the Lion King was told using stick-puppets.

DisneyBunch
02-02-2010, 11:15 PM
It's definitely still there. We saw the show last month. We all liked it.:mickey:

michellerose1579
02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Festival of The Lion King was amazing when I saw it! It was one of my favorite things!!!

ThanxForNoticin
02-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Festival of the Lion King might be the best show they've done at a theme park at WDW. We've seen it at least a dozen times and it's still something we don't want to miss when we get back to AK. We think it's that good. I expect you'll find the show is scheduled at least 4 or 5 times throughout day when you're down in March. Enjoy the show!

Imagineer1981
02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I actually really liked Legend of the Lion King. It was unique and alot of fun, but Festival of the Lion King at AK is very very cool

MegaDisney
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
We saw Legend of the Lion King at MK and during the show one of the Hyenas arms came flying off! It was so funny! I have never seen a puppet with such a look of suprise on its face!

Just a bit of Festival of the Lion King trivia:

The animatronic animals in the show are all from Disneyland. The appeared on floats in the Lion King Celebration Parade at Disneyland!

Altair
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
We saw Legend of the Lion King at MK and during the show one of the Hyenas arms came flying off! It was so funny! I have never seen a puppet with such a look of suprise on its face!

There's a video out there of a show where Mike Wazowski's arm breaks off.

Just a head's up, if you are running a little late to FOLK, don't give up, there is a back door entrance for late arrivals past the show start time.:mickey:

grumpyguy
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
the festival is an awesome show,and well worth the wait..i was chosen to be the leader of the warthog section once:thumbsup:only problem was that i couldn't "snort" too loud!!
we have a great picture of the lady (forgot her name)holding the microphone looking at me like,
ok.............
anyways fotlk is not to be missed!!!

Zawadi
02-04-2010, 02:15 PM
we have a great picture of the lady (forgot her name)holding the microphone looking at me like

The Festival of the Lion King leaders are:

Elephants: Kiume (strong and masculine)
Lions: Nakawa (good-looking)
Giraffes: Kibibi (princess)
Warthogs: Zawadi (the gift)

PETE FROM NYC
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I saw the Lion King show at AK last trip.
I think it stunk. Just my opinion.
I miss the old show at MK.

KAJUNKING
02-06-2010, 01:34 AM

WoW, are you serious, it stunk,i think its a great show of broadway quality, was one of our favorite shows in dw until nemo the musical

ThanxForNoticin
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM

That's one of a very few negatives I've ever seen about Festival of the Lion King. But that's why they have so much variety at WDW, so we can all spend our time doing what we enjoy and avoiding what we don't.

PlutoPlanet
02-08-2010, 12:43 PM
We see Festival of the Lion King every year. Still love it.

Superzeus84
02-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Festival of the Lion King is amazing, saw it for the first time on Monday. Although the Nemo show is also neat, I prefer the Lion King.