PDA

View Full Version : Here is a crazy question - monorail/TTC

wdwluv
02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
We are staying on property for our second ever family trip to WDW. I'm reading everything I can to make the most out of our trip of course. And it just occurred to me today that if I am staying on property, we skip the monorail trip and get shuttled straight to the park! (at least with where we can afford to stay we do....) I made my first trip when I was 5 in 1975 and the monorail is part of the entire experience/arrival experience IMO!!! (we stayed with family in Florida,I've never stayed on property)

Is there a way to get to the TTC other than renting a car to drive there when I stay on property so that we can make the monorail trip?! (craz-ily one of my kids highlights of our last trip was riding up front in the monorail. I have to confess I was like a kid again myself! I had never gotten to do that!) Much of their talk about the return trip is hoping to ride in the front again!

I know this is crazy...

c&d
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't think there is a direct way from a resort to the center. What you can do is maybe go to Epcot then take the monorail over to MK so you'll arrive there on the monorail.

Alas, riding up front is no longer allowed since the accident.

Scar
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Right, no need to go to the TTC. Just go to MK or Epcot and hop on there. And try to let your kids down easy when you tell them they can't ride up front. ;)

wdwluv
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
??!!WHAT?!?!

I read something about it getting stuck for a few hours, is that the accident you are referring to? Was there something else? Are they never going to have riding up front anymore?

Stu29573
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
The way we get our monorail rides in is to shuttle between Epcot and MK...:thumbsup:

Scar
02-02-2010, 01:28 PM
??!!WHAT?!?!

I read something about it getting stuck for a few hours, is that the accident you are referring to? Was there something else? Are they never going to have riding up front anymore?This was an accident that killed a CM in the front, a different situation. No one knows for sure, but I doubt they'll ever let anyone ride up front again. You can go to DLR and ride up front there.

Imagineer1981
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I believe there is a bus from DTD to the TTC

faline
02-02-2010, 01:36 PM
You can pick up the monorail at the Contemporary, Polynesian, Ticket & Transportation Center, Grand Floridian, or Epcot. Perhaps you can plan a lunch at one of the monorail resorts?

BrerGnat
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I believe there is a bus from DTD to the TTC

No there isn't. Otherwise people would park at downtown Disney for free and bus to the TTC. There is a bus from Animal Kingdom and the Studios to TTC.

The easiest thing to do is hop from Epcot to MK using the monorail, as mentioned. Take an Epcot bus from your resort and then either go into Epcot for a couple hours or just get on the monorail which is just outside the entrance gate.

joonyer
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
OR, just ride the bus to the MK, then get on the monorail at the MK station instead of going in the park and ride around the Seven Seas Lagoon, through GF, Poly, and Contemporary and back to MK and then go in the park. Or you can do the same thing when you leave the park if you just want to ride the monorail.

wdwluv
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Well thanks to everyone for the info.

I am so glad to find this out now than get our hopes up and find out we can't when we get there! I'm so glad I asked about this!

And I am so thankful we were able to do it this past May!

KAJUNKING
02-06-2010, 01:43 AM
if you take a bus from one of the other parks to mk you have to go through the ttc, only the resort bus takes you to the front of mk, the easiest way is to take the bus to epcot and then ride the monorail to mk