PDA

View Full Version : And the Nominees are ... The Acadamy Awards 2010 (Airs March 7, 2010)

laprana
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I just read that "Up" is nominated for 5 Oscars, including best picture! :clappy: I really love this movie, so I'm glad to see it get so many nominations! It's also up for:

Original Screenplay
Best Animated Feature Film
Sound Editing
Original Score

"The Princess and the Frog" is also nominated for Best Animated Feature and twice for Best Original Song! :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Here it is folks ... the BIG list!

Best actor in a leading role Oscars 2010 nominees
* Jeff Bridges in “Crazy Heart”
* George Clooney in “Up in the Air”
* Colin Firth in “A Single Man”
* Morgan Freeman in “Invictus”
* Jeremy Renner in “The Hurt Locker”

Best actor in a supporting role Oscars 2010 nominees
* Matt Damon in “Invictus”
* Woody Harrelson in “The Messenger”
* Christopher Plummer in “The Last Station”
* Stanley Tucci in “The Lovely Bones”
* Christoph Waltz in “Inglourious B.”

Best actress in a leading role Oscars 2010 nominees
* Sandra Bullock in “The Blind Side”
* Helen Mirren in “The Last Station”
* Carey Mulligan in “An Education”
* Gabourey Sidibe in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”
* Meryl Streep in “Julie & Julia”

Best actress in a supporting role Oscars 2010 nominees
* Penιlope Cruz in “Nine”
* Vera Farmiga in “Up in the Air”
* Maggie Gyllenhaal in “Crazy Heart”
* Anna Kendrick in “Up in the Air”
* Mo’Nique in “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”

Best animated feature film of the year Oscars 2010 nominees:
*“Coraline” (Focus Features) Henry Selick
*“Fantastic Mr. Fox” (20th Century Fox) Wes Anderson
*“The Princess and the Frog” (Walt Disney) John Musker and Ron Clements
*“The Secret of Kells” (GKIDS) Tomm Moore
*“Up” (Walt Disney) Pete Docter

Best in art direction Oscars 2010 nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”
*“Nine”
*“Sherlock Holmes”
*“The Young Victoria”

Best in cinematography Oscars 2010 nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“The White Ribbon”

Best in costume design Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Bright Star”
*“Coco before Chanel”
*“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”
*“Nine”
*“The Young Victoria”

Best Director Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar” (20th Century Fox) James Cameron
*“The Hurt Locker” (Summit Entertainment) Kathryn Bigelow
*“Inglourious B.” (The Weinstein Company) Quentin Tarantino
*“Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire” (Lionsgate) Lee Daniels
*“Up in the Air” (Paramount in association with Cold Spring Pictures and DW Studios) Jason Reitman

Best documentary feature film Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Burma VJ”
*“The Cove”
*“Food, Inc.”
*“The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers”
*“Which Way Home”

Best documentary short subject Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“China’s Unnatural Disaster: The Tears of Sichuan Province”
*“The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner”
*“The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant”
*“Music by Prudence”
*“Rabbit ΰ la Berlin”

Best in film editing Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“District 9″
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”

Best foreign language film of the year Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Ajami”
*“El Secreto de Sus Ojos” - Israel
*“The Milk of Sorrow” - Peru
*“Un Prophθte” - France
*“The White Ribbon” - Germany

Best in Makeup Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Il Divo”
*“Star Trek”
*“The Young Victoria”

Best in music written for motion pictures Oscars 2010 Nominees (Original score)
*“Avatar”
*“Fantastic Mr. Fox”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Sherlock Holmes”
*“Up”

Best in music written for motion pictures Oscars 2010 Nominees (Original song)
*“Almost There” from “The Princess and the Frog” (Walt Disney) Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
*“Down in New Orleans” from “The Princess and the Frog” (Walt Disney) Music and Lyric by Randy Newman
*“Loin de Paname” from “Paris 36″ (Sony Pictures Classics) Music by Reinhardt Wagner. Lyric by Frank Thomas
*“Take It All” from “Nine” (The Weinstein Company) Music and Lyric by Maury Yeston
*“The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)” from “Crazy Heart” (Fox Searchlight) Music and Lyric by Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett

Best motion picture of the year Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“The Blind Side”
*“District 9″
*“An Education”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“A Serious Man”
*“Up”
*“Up in the Air”

Best animated short film Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“French Roast”
*“Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty”
*“The Lady and the Reaper (La Dama y la Muerte)”
*“Logorama”
*“A Matter of Loaf and Death”

Best live action short film Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“The Door”
*“Instead of Abracadabra”
*“Kavi”
* “Miracle Fish”
*“The New Tenants”

Best in sound editing Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“Star Trek”
*“Up”

Best in sound mixing Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“Star Trek”
*“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”

Best in visual effects Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“District 9″
*“Star Trek”

Best in Adapted screenplay Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“District 9″
*“An Education”
*“In the Loop”
*“Up in the Air”

Best in Original screenplay Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“The Hurt Locker” l
*“Inglourious B.”
*“The Messenger”
*“A Serious Man”
*“Up”

SBETigg
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the full list, Michael. I love that Colin Firth was nominated! And I hope Sandra Bullock wins.

murphy1
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I adored Julie & Julia, love both Sandra and Meryl, either would be great, Helen is always gorgeous and fantastic. Love the Disney movies in there, they deserve something. I still haven't seen Avatar or Precious yet, but want to. Stanley Tucci is one of the best actors out there.

Mickey'sGirl
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm pulling for Inglourious B -- It was so fabulous (and also the incredibly talented Christoph Waltz for his role)! I also thought the Hurt Locker was fabulous. It would be nice to see Jeremy Renner win for his role. I haven't seen any of the films any of the actresses are in, so I can not comment....and of course I loved UP, so I'm pulling for it too!

Scar
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Best motion picture of the year Oscars 2010 Nominees:
*“Avatar”
*“The Blind Side”
*“District 9″
*“An Education”
*“The Hurt Locker”
*“Inglourious B.”
*“A Serious Man”
*“Up”
*“Up in the Air” I have to say that I never watch award shows, but, didn't there only used to be 5 films nominated?

And on a side note, I've only even ever heard of 2 of these movies, and 1 of those is only because I post here on Intercot.

NotaGeek
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I have to say that I never watch award shows, but, didn't there only used to be 5 films nominated?

And on a side note, I've only even ever heard of 2 of these movies, and 1 of those is only because I post here on Intercot.
The Academy changed the rules this year because they felt that they were excluding films because of there only being 5 nominees allowed -- there are now up to 10 films nominated in all genres.

pink
02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
The Academy changed the rules this year because they felt that they were excluding films because of there only being 5 nominees allowed -- there are now up to 10 films nominated in all genres.

This isn't the first time it has been done though. They did it back in the 40's sometime I believe.

On a side note, I hope Anna Kendrick wins for Up in the Air. Although Monique will probably win since she has won all of the awards for this category in the awards show so far. :mickey:

DZNYGUY
02-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Personally, I am pulling for "Avatar."

My imagination has not been captured like that since the first time I went to the World.

9 Oscar Noms baby, Woo!

Rhetoric2000
03-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I would like to say right now that NOTHING that happens in the Oscars tonight will be as satisfying as Transformers 2 getting the Razzie for worst film of the year last night.

That said I would really like to see Vera Farmiga win because I though that performance was superb. Alas, all the clues point to Mo'Nique (though I can't be too critical as I haven't seen Push).

And of course I'm rooting for Carey Mulligan. I like Sandra Bullock but typically for the Best Actress Category it's a pleasant TV Movie performance that wouldn't attract any attention whatsoever if it wasn't a big star giving it (See: Julia Robers for Erin Brokovich and Reece Witherspoon in Walk the Line).

Ed
03-08-2010, 06:30 AM
The envelope, please.... and the winners are:

— Motion Picture: "The Hurt Locker."

— Actor: Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart."

— Actress: Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side."

— Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious ********."

— Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique, "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire."

— Director: Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker."

— Foreign Film: "El Secreto de Sus Ojos," Argentina.

— Adapted Screenplay: Geoffrey Fletcher, "Precious: Based on the Novel `Push' by Sapphire."

— Original Screenplay: Mark Boal, "The Hurt Locker."

— Animated Feature Film: "Up."

— Art Direction: "Avatar."

— Cinematography: "Avatar."

— Sound Mixing: "The Hurt Locker."

— Sound Editing: "The Hurt Locker."

— Original Score: "Up," Michael Giacchino.

— Original Song: "The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)" from "Crazy Heart," Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett.

— Costume: "The Young Victoria."

— Documentary Feature: "The Cove."

— Documentary (short subject): "Music by Prudence."

— Film Editing: "The Hurt Locker."

— Makeup: "Star Trek."

— Animated Short Film: "Logorama."

— Live Action Short Film: "The New Tenants."

— Visual Effects: "Avatar."

JanetMegan
03-08-2010, 08:57 AM
So while watching last night I was very overwhelmed with thinking how bad the stars looked to me-so overdone, too much make-up, too much plastic surgery etc. I thought Sandra Bullock looked pretty bad as did a lot of the younger "hollywood" types-while some of the older stars like Meryl Streep I thought looked really nice, any other thoughts?

SBETigg
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought Meryl looked good for Meryl, who is a beautiful woman who often dresses like a wreck. But I thought she looked very boring. Helen Mirren, gorgeous! Queen Latifah, one of my favorites of the night. I thought Sandra looked lovely (except for the lipstick, too much). I thought most people looked good and only a few stinkers, like Zoe Saldana, Charlize Theron. Miley Cyrus needs to stop slouching. If she wants to be sexy and grown up, fine, but stop slouching. Ditto Kristen Stewart. She always has the attitude, that shifty-nervous-what am I doing here? look.

Mo'Nique's acceptance speech was vaguely insulting to her fellow nominees, as if it would have been politics not performance to have voted any other way. And that interruption with the acceptance for the Music by Prudence documentary! Whoa. Interesting story there. The director was accepting, and the producer got up and interrupted. Apparently, she left the project over creative differences and they're still feuding.

MNNHFLTX
03-08-2010, 11:47 AM
And that interruption with the acceptance for the Music by Prudence documentary! Whoa. Interesting story there. The director was accepting, and the producer got up and interrupted. Apparently, she left the project over creative differences and they're still feuding.I wondered who that lady was and why she was pulling a Kanye West on that poor guy. Unbelievably rude!!

And didn't the announcement of the winner for Best Picture seem almost like an afterthought? I know they were getting pretty long on time at that point, but for Tom Hanks not to name all the nominees and just open the envelope was kind of wierd after all the build-up.

I was surprised that Sandra Bullock actually won, although she won the Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild, so I probably shouldn't have been. I mean, I loved "The Blind Side", but Meryl Streep is a Hollywood institution (and I know the accolades she received for "Julie and Julia" were welld-deserved) so I thought she would probably win.

Granny Jill A
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I got the distinct impression that they grabbed celebrities off the street, stuffed them into tuxes and gowns, and then shoved them on stage.

I wish they would stop letting winners thank EVERYONE who has ever cross their path.

NJDad
03-09-2010, 06:15 AM
I liked the Hanks bit. They already 'introduced' all the nominees, didn't need to hear them again, it's already midnight.

Don't know why they did the bit where some stars tells us about the best actor/actress nominees, then read the list AGAIN.

Melanie
03-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Loved the John Hughes tribute! :thumbsup:

Have you guys seen all the hubbub about Judd Nelson looking so bad though? I thought he looked fine. :shrug:

NotaGeek
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I wish they would stop letting winners thank EVERYONE who has ever cross their path.
Uh, the point of award shows is to win and then have the opportunity to thank the people that supported you on the way to this success -- winning an Oscar is a huge deal, its not like winning an award at a state fair. Many winners will never have the opportunity again -- its rightfully their time to thank folk. Of course there's always DVR so you can fast forward.

Mickey'sGirl
03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree....let the winners thank away.

What they have to get rid of is the smarmy pandering at each of the best actor and actress nominees before those awards are presented. It is long, boring and embarrassing (thinking specifically of Michelle Pfeiffer never-ending intro of Jeff Bridges)....

pink
03-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Uh, the point of award shows is to win and then have the opportunity to thank the people that supported you on the way to this success -- winning an Oscar is a huge deal, its not like winning an award at a state fair. Many winners will never have the opportunity again -- its rightfully their time to thank folk. Of course there's always DVR so you can fast forward.

They were not even supposed to thank anyone a the ceremony this year. The producers asked all of the nominees to prepare two speeches. One, saying what the award meant to them to recite on stage. The second, to prepare a list of people to thank to be recorded right after they got off stage and put online for those interested to see. Frankly, unless you're in the business running off a list of names is boring and proven by the producers of the Oscars, makes people change the channel. The speeches that stick with me most are the original ones that are not full of thank yous.

Moving on, I didn't think Steve and Alec were great hosts. I think Neil Patrick Harris's song at the beginning was more entertaining than anything that duo had to say during the show. I think that the intro to each best picture nominee was lengthy and unneeded. I liked the John Hughes tribute and the tribute to scary movies- they really do need more attention! I'm glad Avatar didn't win because if I heard one more thing about it I was going to lose my mind. I thought Meryll Streep deserved the Oscar more than Sandra but I was happy for her anyways, she looked really pretty. :mickey:

NotaGeek
03-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Well thank goodness that the winners didn't listen to the producers. Why in the world would you want to send your friends and family to read their thank yous online? Ridiculous.

I personally liked most of the introductions of the Best Actor/Actresses because it was more personal -- they started this a couple of years ago and I think that it signifies more of how their career or personal life has brought them to the category -- much more personal then just showing clips. That being said the show was TOO long.