PDA

View Full Version : Ladies who were pregnant

ANG
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Have you ever been to WDW while you were pregnant?

Were you bummed to not get to ride much? Did you still enjoy the shows? Would you do it again?

megustamex
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Depends on how pregnant you are! My doctor told me the first trimester I could still ride all the roller coasters. But I also went my 8th month and no I was not bummed at all. If you think about it, there are really only a handful of jarring rides in each park. I was still able to go on probably 85% of the rides, and enjoy the shows, the food, the magic....We did mini-golf for the first time that trip. You'd be surprised how much you can do that doesn't shake you up!
We also discovered that once we had kids it was more fun to focus on the tamer rides that the whole family could go on. The first few times we kept parent swapping for the coasters and we found we were spending a lot of our time waiting for the other person to go on rides. My point being that coasters haven't really been the focus of our Disney trips since we had kids anyway.
Anyway, have fun! You will! Hey, I went when I was 8 months pregnant during a hurricane lockdown for a day. We still had a blast.

renee1234vet
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I just returned with my sister from Disney last week and she was very pregnant. She wasn't able to take part in really any of the rides. If you go by what is posted near each ride it says no prego women on pretty much everything but the shows. I guess she could have tried to get on a few because I couldn't really see why was wasn't allowed to ride the really tame stuff.
We also did Universal and Seaworld with her. She really enjoyed Seaworld because she was able to see all the shows but there is also more walking there than elsewhere.
Just be careful with swelling. We are from a cold climate and the little bit of heat in Florida made her feet swell alot! She just put them up at night and was ready to go in the morning.

barbiegirl314
02-02-2010, 11:36 AM
I went while 4 months pregnant and had a great time! I still got to ride all my faves (POTC, IASW, Peter Pan) and still just loved the atmosphere of being at Disney.

I enjoyed all the shows and ate all my favorite foods. The only thing that may have been different was that I found I had to sit and rest more frequently but that wasn't such a bad thing as I got to just sit and enjoy the magic!

megustamex
02-02-2010, 12:15 PM
I just returned with my sister from Disney last week and she was very pregnant. She wasn't able to take part in really any of the rides. If you go by what is posted near each ride it says no prego women on pretty much everything but the shows. I guess she could have tried to get on a few because I couldn't really see why was wasn't allowed to ride the really tame stuff.
We also did Universal and Seaworld with her. She really enjoyed Seaworld because she was able to see all the shows but there is also more walking there than elsewhere.
Just be careful with swelling. We are from a cold climate and the little bit of heat in Florida made her feet swell alot! She just put them up at night and was ready to go in the morning.

I think they have a warning on every single ride about the things that could go wrong. I guess you have to judge for yourself what risk you are willing to take. I rode everything the coasters, Dinosaur and Safari. But then I was working in the city and taking the bus every day - that was a lot more jarring than the rides at Disney.

megustamex
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
I think they have a warning on every single ride about the things that could go wrong. I guess you have to judge for yourself what risk you are willing to take. I rode everything the coasters, Dinosaur and Safari. But then I was working in the city and taking the bus every day - that was a lot more jarring than the rides at Disney.

Oops, that should have been everything EXCEPT the coasters etc!

DisneyTwinsMommy
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I went when I was 6 months PG with twins. I was REALLY big and uncomfortable. However, I didn't have problems with not being able to go on rides. Most rides are fine, just not roller coasters/big thrill rides.

I guess it wasn't so terrible of an experience b/c we are going in May and I will be 6 months PG again. This time it will only be one baby, so I'm hoping I will be much less uncomfortable. This will be our first trip as DVC members so we are going to spend some extra time pool hopping and relaxing.

Disney Doll
02-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I was 24 weeks pregnant on my last trip. Missing some of the rides didn't bother me because we were there for our 2 yr old and probably would have skipped the big rides anyway. It was a nice trip and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. My only complaint was that Florida isn't the place to be when you are always hot. I was there the last week of Sept and although everyone else in my party was comfortable I always felt sweaty.

momofdisneyprincess
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
I went when I was 8 months pregnant and I was able to ride a lot of the rides. Of course, I consulted my OB before I went and I had an uncomplicated pregnancy. Her advice was to stay away from roller coasters and anything that would jar me back and forth significantly. I still went on Kali River Rapids, the safari, Splash Mountain etc. and just about everything else. One ride that I did go on which I regreted was Star Wars. My advice would be to steer clear of the simulators. I think a lot of the warnings are posted for legal reasons. Of course, your OB might have different advice so I would consult with them. You will still have a blast. Just make sure you take frequent rests and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.

diz_girl
02-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I went to WDW during my second trimester and I still had a good time (other than the bad cold that DH gave me on the way there). I didn't ride the thrill rides, but I still rode, Soarin', POTC and Maeltrom, along with the tamer rides. Other than shows, there really wasn't much that I could ride at DHS, so we only spent a 1/2 day there. We spent a full day at AK, since there are all of the animal exhibits.

We spent most of our time at the MK and EPCOT, which have more rides available for pregnant women. The only rides that I didn't ride at EPCOT were TT and MS. I could still go on SE, Nemo, the Land, Soarin', Ellen's universe of Energy, JIYI, and Maelstrom. The only rides that I didn't go on at MK was SM, SplM, BTMRR and the Tomorrowland Speedway. There are so many rides at MK, that I didn't really miss those four.

MinnieMommie
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
I visited one time when I was 6 months pregnant with my 4th child. It was a great trip but it was quite hot. I was not allowed to go on hardly anything. When I was in line the CMs would politely ask if I was expecting and then tell me I could not participate. That was fine though because there is so much else to do and I had such a good time watching my 3 children and husband do the things I couldn't do. It was a great trip and one we talk about often. Just enjoy all Disney World has to offer. :mickey:

mjaclyn
02-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I probably wouldn't go after 6 or 7 months just because all of the walking would be very uncomfortable. I went to WDW when I was 4 months pregnant and had a great time!! I didn't mind not riding some of the rides - you can actually ride most of them, just not the 'thril' rides. It was really nice to relax, enjoy snacks, shows and other rides that I may have missed had I been rushing to go on the 'bigger' rides. :-)

And, yes, I would definitely do it again! I love Disney - pregnant or not. :mickey:

Belle_0717
02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
In November, I was almost 26 weeks with twins. I was upset I could not ride RNRC, ToT, E:E, Splash, BTMRR, etc. I did get to ride Potc - my all time favorite.

The walking was a little hard but there were a lot of places to sit when I needed to. I also took a nap in the afternoon which helped me keep up.

We were able to stay at Bay Lake Towers and I spent most of the trip at the Magic Kingdom. I think I had higher expectations for myself but I am happy I got to do all that I did.

JENGABE
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I went at 3 months pregnant. I was just getting over the really tired phase. My husband went on the rides with our 3yr old that I couldn't and I took the pictures and videos. But I'm glad we went because it gave us that special time with our son before the new baby came.

allirae
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I've been 3 times while pregnant - all around the 6-7 month mark. I always have easy pregnancies - no swelling, no high blood pressure - and I'm on my feet hustling and bustling 8+ hrs a day at work, so it really didn't bother me at all. I rode almost everything - even Splash and Space. I didn't go on any simulator rides, or R&RC, ToT, BTMRR. Other than that I was good to go! Just remember to STAY HYDRATED! Lots and lots of water. A few extra trips to the restroom never hurt a pregnant lady! ;)

BrerGnat
04-05-2010, 05:21 PM
It's a lot easier than going with a baby! And, you are limited to the same rides. ;)

I went once at 11 weeks pregnant. I had a good time. It was a solo trip, and I didn't miss riding all the headliners. I took it slow and enjoyed things I usually pass by.

It was no different from our trip last week with our 4 and 5 year old boys who are NOT into thrill rides. I didn't ride an e-ticket all week, and I had a fabulous time.

It's what you make of it. If it won't be high summer in your third trimester, I'd go for it! I'd reconsider if you can only go in July and you'll be 8 months pregnant or something, though...

IrishMickey
04-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I have gone in my first, second and very beginning of third trimester. I did not miss riding the rides, I did want to shoot my DH for pointing out everytime that "women expecting" should not ride, he had the map circled and crossed out, aahhh! But I would do it all again if I had too! Drink lots of water, and put your feet up every night, I also suggest putting them in an ice bath at night, it helps. I should say that I avoided the heat with all of my trips. I also enjoyed having all the fruit available at the carts and the frozen treats were great. The great thing about Disney is that the sights, the smells and the sounds can be just as fun as the rides. :thumbsup:

Crabby
04-05-2010, 09:36 PM
I went right around 20 weeks last May. My husband rode the bigger rides with our daughter while I people-watched or shopped. We spent the afternoons at the hotel or in the pool. I definitely still had a blast, and I was still able to ride POTC, HM, IASW, etc. Just be sure to drink plenty of water and stop to rest if you need to. But the best tip? Use the first-aid stations! They have AC, Tylenol if you need it, and cold filtered water! The nurses never minded if I came in and filled up my bottle and rested for a minute :mickey: