PDA

View Full Version : Taking parents to disney for the first time!!

Disneychickie
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
:party: Very excited. MY dad has never been , and I just know that he will have a blast.

My mom has only been once, years ago.
SO I am looking at December 2011.

We own DVC at BLT, but really want to stay at VWL.

Would VWL be enjoyable for all?? I'm a little nervous after reading some not so favorable reviews on VWL.

ElenitaB
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I took my mom to WDW for the first time several years ago and we stayed at VWL. We all enjoyed, including my finnicky stepfather.

Like all DVC resorts, there are rooms that can be quite far. If either one of your parents have mobility issues, be sure to request a room close to the elevators.

WRWDisney
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I would make certain that you book at 11 months atBLT and at 9 a.m. at exactly 7 months, try and switch to VWL. When it is not immediately available (highly likely), request a waitlist right away.

Either will be great, so do not set your heart on VWL, they are very hard to get any time and more so at Christmas (they are one of the smallest DVC).

MinnieMommie
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I think this is great that you are taking your parents! I agree that BLT and VWK are both really nice and that you can't go wrong with either. Have you checked with your parents about the locations? It is really easy getting around from BLT. :mickey:

bryjenandlondon
02-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Wilderness Lodge is great and I found both my in-laws and my parents both seem to love it the best. It really depends how old and nimble your parents are. If they are older and have mobility issues I would steer away from Old Key West or Saratoga due to how huge the grounds are and the amount of walking you do their. Hope this helps.

tdk316
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Why not stay at BLT? WLV are nice, but BLT has an awesome location and transportation options. We're talking my mom in October who has some mobility issues and are staying at BLT so she can ride the monorail to Epcot, MK and other resorts to eat at. She's not in a scooter, but can't chase after the kids like she used to either.