PDA

View Full Version : CM discount rooms + dining plan?

andreallybadeggs
02-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Not sure if this should be here, accommodations, or vacation planning so mod's feel free to jostle.
Friends may be getting a cast member friends/family discounted room this summer and have asked me if they would be able to add the DDP to that. I don't know so I'm asking the experts. Any CM's or friends/family of CM's know?

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I've heard both answers, yes and no. So the correct answer is, it depends on if Disney offers it.

My advice, check the current discounts. You may be surprised at how good of a deal the CM rate is. We stayed on the CM rate once at AKL and our room was FAR and obstructed, wasn't really a great room at all due to location (by far I mean like a five minute walk from the lobby, I didn't thnk it was possible to be that far). Same thing with BW.

Did the cruise as well and rooms are generally the least desireable rooms on the ship

After the AKL stay I switched from CM to AP rate, cost me $5 more the week, and I didn't have to worry as I was a "real" guest, not treated like an employee.

So, check your discounts, I would be surprised if you didn't fund that the price is about a wash. I believe you CAN add dining to any normal reservation.

Tink1
02-01-2010, 11:45 PM
If they are running a promo for Cast members that include the dining plan it can be added. They occasionally do this in Sept and Dec, but not during the busier months. Otherwise, industry and Cast member rates are room only.

DizneyRox is very accurate - sometimes the discount is not worth the hassle since public rates are so close in price.

Nanc

andreallybadeggs
02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the insights and yes, I've told them to make sure they've checked all the deals out there + referred them to Magical Journeys. Just to be clear-- they are not expecting a discounted dining plan; just want to know if they can add the normal dining plan to a CM reservation. Still not possible unless there is a promo?

Tink1
02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Still not possible unless there is a promo?

Correct. It is still not possible. When they do a promo with the dining plan for Cast members/Industry the dining plan is not discounted, we are just allowed to get it.

Nanc

DizneyRox
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the insights and yes, I've told them to make sure they've checked all the deals out there + referred them to Magical Journeys.
Be sure to compare the deals. As I've said, a CM room is basically a left over. "Real" guests will get better rooms.

Another example, on the cruise, we were not allowed to make Palo reservations until I think it was the second day of the cruise. Of course all slots were booked by that point.

It may have changed, but a CM room needed to be checked in by the CM about a week prior to arrival. So, you may be putting the CM out if they have to travel somewhere they don't normally go.

Same thing with tickets. They can (or could) get discounted tickets, but it's not a huge savings. It might even be the same price as the discounted Official Ticket Center prices, I don't have access to current CM pricing.