PDA

View Full Version : Best Princess Dining?

PS1211
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi, all! So, we're thinking about booking our restaurants, and I'm wondering about recommendations for the best princess dining experience. It can be either breakfast or dinner, and my daughter will be 3 when we go. Any thoughts? Thanks!:mickey:

DizneyRox
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Norway is really your best option. The CRT breakfast is overhyped. The selection of Princesses is tough to beat at Norway.

mom2morgan
02-01-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree - the atmosphere is lovely, too - very castle-like. We "settled" for that on our first trip because we couldn't get in to Cindy's - enjoyed it immensely! Next trip we got CRT - and it was nothing special. We've never tried 1900 park fare, though.

BigRedDad
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
We loved Akershus. There were 6 princesses on our visit.

Belle taking pictures with guests when they arrive
Snow White
Mary Poppins
Mulan
Princess Arora
Can't remember the 6th, but she was there

disneydad153
02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
We do Akershus every year for DD8 and DD4. They love it. Atmosphere is great and princesses are different each time. The food is norwegian with a cold buffet for what i call appetizers. The kids meals are standard pizza, hot dog, etc. Have done breakfast and lunch before. Prefer lunch over breakfast. Have you autograph book and camera ready.
Doing crt this june for first time so I can't comment on it just yet.:mickey:

Disney4us2
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
We have been to all of the princess dining experiences. DD loved them all. Her favorite was CRT and 1900 Park Fare. We only did Norway once. The food (from what I remember) was good at all of them.

BigThunderFan
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
We did CRT a couple years ago, it was neat and worth doing ONCE. As far as princess meals though, you only see Cinderella in the lobby to take a picture with her. Too overhyped simply because it is in the castle.

Last week we did Akershus for breakfast. We all loved it! The food was great, although I wasn't a fan of the lunch a few years back, breakfast is pretty normal. The princesses were also wonderful, our DD3 loved it! We took a picture with Belle in the lobby, then Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) came around during the meal. I highly recommend this one. But I also recommend getting it as early as possible. We had an 8:05 ADR and got right in, but when we left at 8:50 there was a huge line waiting to get called.:thumbsup:

sassy2000
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
We have done breakfast & dinner at Akershus, lunch at CRT, & dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Our fave was 1900 PF. The food was very good (even though I was worried about the negative reviews) and the characters were fun. Saying that, your 3yo will probably not appreciate the antics of the Stepmother & Stepsisters there. I would go with Akershus for breakfast. We did not like dinner there but breakfast is hard to mess up. Plus you get a large selection of princesses. When we went in Dec we saw Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, and Ariel. We have also seen Jasmine on a previous trip.
CRT was fun for a one-time experience but I think it is WAY overpriced.
:mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
What a great question I have been wondering the exact same thing! Thanks everyone:number1:

mjaclyn
02-03-2010, 08:33 AM
If you want princesses I would definitely do the breakfast at Akershus. The food is okay but the princesses are great. My 3 yo LOVED it when we went in October. She had her picture taken with SO many princesses and I had gotten her the autograph book that also holds pictures, and she still loves looking at all the pictures of her with the princesses. When we were there she saw:

Belle
Jasmine
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White

Can't wait to go again!:mickey:

thesplashmountaineer
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Akershus without a doubt.
Didn't like 1900 park fare
Never tried CRT and don't plan to (I'm not welling to pay that much to meet Princesses....)

PS1211
02-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, all, for the input. I've heard consistently great things about Akershus, so that's where we'll be going. :)

CaptSmee
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
We've done the 3 different offerings. While nothing beats the wowness factor of actually being inside Cinderella's Castle, the interaction & pace of Akershus was much more enjoyable. Less crowded, more face time & I loved our picture with Belle that you receive with the meal.:blush:

forever a child
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
We did Breakfast at CTR. Well worth doing once and was only place to make sure DD saw Cinderella on our trip.

Kim Possible
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
i say both are fun. but starting yesterday crt is now having princesses walk around at every meal, so either is your best bet.

norway is cheaper price range and you do get to see one more character. for breakfast, the food is usually the same. for dinner askershus has norwegian food, so you may not enjoy that

BigThunderFan
02-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Knowing there are more princesses at CRT now might change our mind about returning there. Before it was not worth it to me partly because you couldn't really get pics with the Fairy Godmother or mice as they danced and sang. And you don't get but a minute with Cinderella in the lobby.

KAT1811
02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
If you want princesses I would definitely do the breakfast at Akershus. The food is okay but the princesses are great.

:ditto:

The food isn't that great but the princesses are wonderful and if you make your ADR early before the park opens the walk around Epcot virtually all alone is great!

We've Done CRT a few times but I personally find the price foolish for what you get. $235 for breakfast for my family of six is a bit much!!!

Thanks, all, for the input. I've heard consistently great things about Akershus, so that's where we'll be going. :)

Have fun.