PDA

View Full Version : OKW v. BWV

KAT1811
02-01-2010, 07:34 PM
OKW is "home" but we were thinking of putting in for BWV this year to try something new. We Love OKW. The resort is beautiful, the units larger than the others, the pool great theme, the boat to DTD, the bus service is great, etc.

I've never stayed at BWV so I'm wondering if it is worth giving up the additional space. The bus service was so wonderful to all the parks I'm not sure that I would say that the walk to Epcot is a huge draw although it is nice. We are a family of 6 with children 13, 5, 3, and 1. Any suggestions and/or help is greatly appreciated.

ElenitaB
02-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Those are my two favorite resorts... the only time we stay at our home resort (VWL) is around Christmas time.

Is your 13 yr old a boy or a girl? My DS loves the small arcade near the pool and the gym. Your younger kids will like the kid's water play area which is right next to the main pool.

Your options for breakfast are limited (but delish). You might consider bringing some things from home, depending on what your family is used to.

I don't know what view you've booked... our last trip we had a preferred view and were assigned a room on the first floor. It was great and I think I'll be booking this view and asking for this location from now on (we've had all three of the BWV views). Of course, you really can't beat some of the balconies in the Boardwalk-view villas.

KAT1811
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
We haven't booked yet. I'm not sure about trying BWV. We have three girls and the baby is a boy. I love the tranquility of OKW and am afraid that BWV will be too crazy and we won't feel like we are actually getting a break from the parks. Unless we are going to a character breakfast we eat in the room. I have GG deliver when we rrive and everyone gets to eat while everyone else is getting ready. So when we finally emerge from the room it's go time!

ElenitaB
02-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Remember that the rooms at VWL are smaller than the ones at OKW.

Depending on your view, you might hear some of the Boardwalk or pool noise, but at night everything quiets down. You might take this into account with the little ones' napping schedule.

WelshieLover
02-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Last January we stayed at a 2 bedroom at OKW (6 of us) this year at a 1 bedroom at BWV (4 of us). You are right about the size of the rooms at OKW the living space is so much larger. I think the bathroom and the master bedroom are comparable at both. My 21 year old son summed it up pretty well, if you are staying for a month (who can afford to do that) then OKW is the way to go, but he thinks the BW is now his favorite resort. We had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the quiet pool. We walked to DHS and to EPCOT. My son and his girlfriend spent some time at the Atlantic Dance Hall one night and also watched some of the entertainment on the BW. I was worried about missing the tropical feel of OKW but I really didn't (we live in an area where it looks an awful like the BW). The only bad thing was the stackable washer/dryer it was very noisy being in the living area and the dryer took hours to dry anything. You can'r beat teh laundry room in OKW where you can keep the ironing board up your whole visit. For my next trip I definitely want to stay at the BWV again!