PDA

View Full Version : DP Snacks as Meals?

clausjo
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I was reading on an older thread that you can get a ham and cheese croissant in France at Epcot as a snack on the DP. Does anyone else know of any other snacks that can be substituted as a small meal? I know most of the snacks are sweets, but I'm looking more for savory type items we can get as a small lunch.

BigRedDad
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
All I know is a snack is $4 or less. I guess there are some other options out there that can be considered. Most resorts have muffins and the like that count as a snack.

BigThunderFan
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks had their soups listed as snacks. Every day was chili and another type of soup. The chili was pretty good, but they had a roasted corn chowder with chicken and red peppers that was amazing.

dmallan
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Sometimes the Snack credit will buy you a bit more than $4 worth. We found this out last time at POFQ when I got the yogurt parfait for $4.29 and told the CM I'd pay out of pocket. She said "Did you know you can use a snack credit for that?" So, that was a good choice for breakfast each day. We also found that during the F&W all items at the kiosks were snack credits, even the $7.50 lobster roll!

Lizzie
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
The Baked Potatoe cart used to be a snack credit for a baked potatoe not sure if it still is or if its still there.

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
At Yak and Yeti in the AK, you can get chicken fried rice or spring rolls (2 per order) as snacks. My husband and I split them, and it was a nice light lunch.

betholtmans
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
So if a snack is anything $4 or less, what is the value limit of the QS meals?

Goofy4TheWorld
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
So if a snack is anything $4 or less, what is the value limit of the QS meals?

I was thinking that this is what you were trying to ask in your other thread. While I have never actually used any dining plan, I have never heard of any limit on what is eligible as a "meal" for the counter service credits.

As long as you are at a counter service location, if it is not a snack (as indicated by the purple DDP logo) and it is not a beverage of any kind, then it qualifies as a "meal". No exceptions/limits that I am aware of.

BigThunderFan
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
One other thing you may consider, if you are curious if something is a snack but it doesn't have the logo, just ask. We got the giant ice cream cookie sandwich at Sleepy Hollow last week as a snack even though it did not have the logo on it. The Cast Member there said sometimes they screw up when they re-print the menu boards and don't include the logos.

It never hurts to ask:secret:

TheDuckRocks
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Also remember that the sanck credits are single serving only sizes of items on things like the bagged pretzels. At POFQ in Dec. the large size bag was only about $1.69, but it was not allowed as a snack credit.