PDA

View Full Version : Best Building at Poly

DizneyDoug
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
I have just confirmed with the family that we're going to stay at the Polynesian on our next trip (We're so excited!!)
We've stayed to POFQ the past two trips and really like it there, but we have the chance to stay in a Deluxe so we're going to do it. Now the big question..... what building to request.
I don't want to spend extra on a MK view since we can just walk out to the beach to see it, but what Garden view location is the best?

DisneyorBust
02-01-2010, 05:30 AM
It all depends on what you are looking for...children in the party? persons with mobility issues? etc
A lot of folks suggest the Tokelau longhouse, and for good reason, it is centrally located to both pools, the Great Ceremonial House (where you catch the Monorail to the MK and other monorail resorts). It's an easy walk to both the TTC (Epcot monorail) as well as the bus stop and ferry dock.
Have a great time at the POLY!

one2goofy
02-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Samoa, hands down. Right in between the 2 pools!

TinkerMel
02-01-2010, 10:28 AM
This was my question exactly. We have stayed at the Poly in the Aotearoa building. It was fine, but we were right next to the monorail track & it was a long walk to everything, especially the TTC. This will be our first trip without a stroller, so it would be nice to be a little closer in.

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
You will get a lot of different answers. We stayed in Rarotonga and liked it lots. It was close to the GCH and bus stops. Not a long walk to the TTC. We had a view of the quiet pool and could see the top of Space Mountain and some of the higher fireworks (not an ideal place to watch, but if we happened to be in the room, it was a nice extra).

diz_girl
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Another vote for Tokelau. We stayed in a Garden View Room (#2919), but we still had a view of the lagoon, the Contemporary and Space Mountain (if you stood at the railing). It was also nice to hear the riverboat whistle, since we were so close to the TTC. Any room from x916 to x920 (x is the floor number and 9 is the building number for Tokelau) will give you a similar view. Room x915 is at the northern end of the hall, but it's considered a Lagoon View. The next time I stay at the Poly I'll be asking for the same room as last time.

Tokelau also has the largest (non-suite) rooms in the resort, so you can really spread out. Some longhouses don't have balconies on the upper floors, but Tokleau does have balconies.

You are next to the quiet pool, so you don't have the noise of being next to the Volcano pool. It is a short walk to everything (GCH, TTC, beach, pool) except Luau Cove. I loved walking from my room to the beach and then sitting on a swing to enjoy the fireworks.

molly1206
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
We have stayed at the Poly many, many times. Best building in my opinion is Tokelau. It is a great location, right across from the "quiet" pool, and easy to walk to the beach and TTC to get monorail to Epcot. Samoa is a great location to b/c it is right next to the volcano pool, but we found it is very noisy there,especially at night. The rooms in Tokelau are a bit larger as well.

mickeefan
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Another vote for Samoa. It's between the two pools and very close to the beach by the Hawaii building. We also liked it being so close to Capt. Cooks.

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Tokelau also has the largest (non-suite) rooms in the resort, so you can really spread out. Some longhouses don't have balconies on the upper floors, but Tokleau does have balconies.

I believe all buildings have balconies on the third floor. The second floor rooms of some buildings don't have balconies. Tokelau has second floor balconies.

cinderella crazy
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
If you ask my DH he'll tell you Tokelau. Believe me. That's all I heard while we were there. We requested Tokelau but got Tuvalu. Whenever we walked past Tokelau on our way to or back from the TTC, he made a comment about it. For me, it doesn't matter so much. I'm just thrilled when we're able to stay there!:D

Polynesian Dweller
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I believe all buildings have balconies on the third floor. The second floor rooms of some buildings don't have balconies. Tokelau has second floor balconies.

That's right. All third floors have balconies. I'd put in another vote for Tokelau. It's newer than some building which means larger rooms. It's also centrally located.

But I have to add, the Poly is not as spread out as it looks. You can easily walk from one side to the other in 5-7 minutes ( I have measured it) and the TTC is about the same time from anywhere. The Poly is just beautifully designed to make it seem bigger than it actually is. Have a great time and you will in any building.

diz_girl
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Yes, you're right, thank you for correcting me. I hate to give out wrong information. My head cold messed me up.