PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Right now?

SandmanGStefani24
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Going next week and want to know what it's like in the world! Anyone know? :mickey:

Superzeus84
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I was going to start this thread as well, I am going the 3-10. I hope crowds are not that bad.

NH Disneyfan
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Pretty big crowds 1/14-1/23. Manageable but larger than expected for January. Wish I knew what they were today - cause that'd mean I'm in The World.

bob6572
01-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Just got back last night. Crowds were heavier then the last few Januaries. Lot's of foriegn travel groups. Large ones. Early morning was pretty good at most parks but really filled up in the PM. Evening EMH's were busier then the daytime some times.

NJDad
02-01-2010, 07:04 AM
After spending 3 days there (Th, Fr, Sa) would have to say you can't expect very much smaller crowds.

Walked on a lot of rides, busiest time was Sat afternoon at MK (in the rain, people must know it's the park to be at in the rain), but walking on rides on a Saturday night at the MK can't be all that common.

stephntampa
02-01-2010, 07:15 AM
We did a day trip to MK on January 29 (Friday), touring plans predicted a "4" and would say that was spot-on. The longest wait we saw was BTMRR at 40 minutes. We managed to ride SM 3 times ( to my 5 yo sons delight.. it was his first time!!) Taking advantage of FP, we were able to do all we wanted in 7 hours. I have always planned my days utilizing touring plans recommendations, and I would say they are *usually* right. Have a great trip!!:mickey:

MushuGrl
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
We just got back after spending last week. On Jan. 27, MK was DEAD in the afternoon. Rest of the time, I agree was about a 4. More crowded than I expected, yet we were able to walk on to alot of the rides we wanted, and didn't see a wait over 40 minutes (exception, of course, TSM).

renee1234vet
02-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I went on a Thursday. The crowd was suppose to be a 4. It seemed more crowded. Some rides were 40 plus minutes. Epcot was much lighter. Magic Kingdom is always crowded! We couldn't see the parade at night and you really had to keep the kids close by!

SorcererJim
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Looks like next week will be 7 and 8's... just remember, get there early and work your fast passes and you should have no trouble.

Lynn J Mc
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
We're going next week also. I'm worried about the crowds because park hours have been extended a lot! I hope I'm wrong but the resorts must be pretty full and it will still be during the buy 4 get 3 promotion. (which is why we are going!)

BigThunderFan
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
We were there 1/23-1/30 and never stood in a line longer than 10-15 minutes. We rode everything multiple times, including Toy Story 4 times on Wed and the park even closed at 6. I thought crowds were extremely light, but I have never been in Jan before so I could only compare to June & April.

We used fastpasses very efficiently and had a good touring plan. We also were at the parks every day before rope drop. This was the most important because by 11 every day the crowds were there. Most rides still had waits of around 30-50 minutes, but we never waited that long. We rode Soarin 4 times and TT & MS 3 each all in the same day, plus took a 3 hour break, breakfast at Akershus, and lunch at LeCellier. We even gave away a set of fastpasses for Soarin because we didn't want to ride again.

Superzeus84
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Looks like next week will be 7 and 8's... just remember, get there early and work your fast passes and you should have no trouble.

Just curious where are you getting that info? I would like the source so i can have it to look at as well, thanks.

SorcererJim
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Just curious where are you getting that info? I would like the source so i can have it to look at as well, thanks.

From the touring plans website that's tied to the unofficial guide.

dumbo_buddy
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
heavy crowds last week 1/24-1/31. ride lines weren't too bad but the place was pretty packed.

CaptSmee
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
heavy crowds last week 1/24-1/31. ride lines weren't too bad but the place was pretty packed.

Not the experience we had...maybe you have to choose your park days differently. I have been in January 4 times and have never seen it as dead as it was last week! We LITERALLY walked onto rides. Monday morning we could have ridden Everest 60 times in a row with no wait. It was awesome! Saw very few tour groups, and was expecting them.

BiloxiMom
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
We were there 1/23-1/30 and never stood in a line longer than 10-15 minutes. We rode everything multiple times, including Toy Story 4 times on Wed and the park even closed at 6. I thought crowds were extremely light, but I have never been in Jan before so I could only compare to June & April.

We used fastpasses very efficiently and had a good touring plan. We also were at the parks every day before rope drop. This was the most important because by 11 every day the crowds were there. Most rides still had waits of around 30-50 minutes, but we never waited that long. We rode Soarin 4 times and TT & MS 3 each all in the same day, plus took a 3 hour break, breakfast at Akershus, and lunch at LeCellier. We even gave away a set of fastpasses for Soarin because we didn't want to ride again.

Ditto!:thumbsup: I thought last wk. was delightful. Friday was much more crowded, but we expected that. We did everything we wanted to and waited very little. It was awesome!

WelshieLover
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
We just got back Saturday. It was not really crowded at all. We got on all the MK Fantasyland rides early in the AM on Tuesday.

There were a lot of tour groups from Brazil there. We got a chance to talk with some of them while waiting for Fantasmic. The only issue we had was that these same tour groups had it all planned out. It was most noticeable at DHS. They all entered the park lined up and handed their tickets in to the tour leaders. At the rope drop they all headed towards RnRC and ToT while their tour leaders went straight to Toy Story Mania and proceeded to get fast passes for all of them. We learned the hard way because there is a queue for TSM's fastpasses first thing and we happened to be in a line where the tour leader had to be getting at least 50 fast passes. By 9:30 AM the fast pass return time was well after 11:30 AM.

Next week most likely won't be too crowded, but some schools in our area have the week before Presidents Day off in stead of the week of.

The weekend days were a lot more crowded with the annual pass crowds.

Mousefever
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Not the experience we had...maybe you have to choose your park days differently. I have been in January 4 times and have never seen it as dead as it was last week! We LITERALLY walked onto rides. Monday morning we could have ridden Everest 60 times in a row with no wait. It was awesome! Saw very few tour groups, and was expecting them.

I totally agree. Even though there always seemed to be a good number of people in the parks, we walked on to almost everything. The most we ever waited was 20 minutes. Every other time we've gone, I've felt like I had to be at park opening and also have a plan. I was so much more relaxed this trip! We were there 1/23 - 2/1. I do have to say that 2/1 was noticeably more crowded in MK than during the previous week.

Amy

NJDad
02-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Had an experience this most recent trip (last week) that we had before in a previous late Jan. trip...

Getting FPs (this time for Space Mt) and reaching the front of the line the same time as everyone else who entered the regular line around the same time, despite the "20 Minutes" standby line outside.

BigThunderFan
02-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Had an experience this most recent trip (last week) that we had before in a previous late Jan. trip...

Getting FPs (this time for Space Mt) and reaching the front of the line the same time as everyone else who entered the regular line around the same time, despite the "20 Minutes" standby line outside.

That happened to us too on several occasions. There were many times we just walked on standby and pocketed the fastpasses because we never needed them.

I never really thought the parks were crowded though, except for Wishes or AK which always SEEMS crowded just because of the way it was built.

kwaller
02-03-2010, 03:33 PM
NJ Dad, how was the weather last week, we are going next week and I was wondering about clothing?

BigThunderFan
02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I wore shorts and t-shirts all week. A couple mornings and evenings were chilly, but it was 10* back home so I wasn't complaining:thumbsup:

We were lucky as far as weather, it was at least upper 60s to lower 80s every day. I was actually sweating on several occasions. Now DW wore jeans every day, but she was more embarrassed that her legs weren't tan. Of course I said how are they going to get a tan if you wear jeans and she said I should shut... well you get the idea.

Pack for anything though because the weather can change very quickly this time of year. And our warmest days also had the chilliest nights.

NJDad
02-05-2010, 06:08 AM
NJ Dad, how was the weather last week, we are going next week and I was wondering about clothing?

As BigThunderFan said, it can really range. We had good luck, shorts weather, but the day we left was chilly (40s in the AM), as were the days before we got there, we heard from the folks who were there.

Ian
02-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Just got back Wednesday night (2/3) from a 7 day stay.

I'd say the crowds were pretty light. It was odd, though ... the parks felt crowded (we saw quite a few big tour groups) but it didn't seem to impact the lines that much. We never really waited very long for anything, except maybe at MK on the day we left. For some reason, it was pretty busy on the 3rd which is odd for a Wednesday in January.

Weather pretty much stunk. It was chilly most of the time and we had a lot of rain, which is also unusual for January.

SandmanGStefani24
02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
posting on my own post!!

We're here, and it's still raining off and on. It rained from about noon till now. I didn't mind too much, but at first the rain kept the crowds away. Later, the rain got harder and the crowds came out in force. (weird how that happens!) Anyway, we pretty much walked onto all the rides, and did everything we wanted to do and more. The crowds are very managable right now, and the weather isnt much of a downer.

NJDad
02-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Orlando Sentinel says bookings are down about 10%.

GloMonkey
02-10-2010, 11:40 AM

My neighbors are going Jan 16 or 17. Flying in from CA. I have been telling her to get there EARLY gave her my UG and even a Ridemax plan. She's all "oh we'll just get there and decide what we want to ride when we get there" Nobody listens to me. Do you think the parks will be packed next week? CA schools have Presidents day Week off. I wouldn't go near DisneyLAND next week if you paid me but wondering about MK

Melanie
02-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I've been at the World the last 3 days (home now though) and I was really surprised at the crowds. Epcot was busy both Wednesday and yesterday (but to be fair, there was the volunteer event going on) and MK was plain crowded yesterday afternoon (30+ minute waits for everything). This morning at AK was definitely better (small waits) but the rain soon came in.

I was in the elevator at the Beach Club this morning with two women discussing how they'd never come in February again, and not because of the cold weather we're having.

NJDad
02-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Well, now we're headed into a holiday weekend so it probably will get more crowded.