PDA

View Full Version : dining

sawken
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
i was wondering if purchasing the basic dining plan for 2 adults and 2 children is worth the money. it seems to add 700 dollars to our package because there are no specials at that time.

KylesMom
01-31-2010, 05:19 PM
While I'm not certain about your trip dates, the "value" of the dining plan is strictly based upon your eating habits.

If you plan to have nicer table service meals, it may play to your benefit. However, if you're a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of person and don't make advance dining reservations, the dining plan may not be for you. Perhaps if you give our members a bit more insight into what you're looking for, we can better advise you.

Welcome to INTERCOT! :mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
01-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Your question is the one of the most debated on INTERCOT. Basically is you like to eat 1 TS and 1 CS meal a day with snacks and do not mind planning in advance you can save quite a bit of money. If your family does not like to be on a schedule or are light eaters you may not like the DDP.

I love the DDP but it is not for everyone.

SBETigg
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
Whether you get the Dining Plan or not, you will probably need to plan in advance if there are any table service restaurants you have your heart set on visiting. Things book up fast. Having the dining plan means that it's even more important to plan in advance to make the most of those paid-for table service meals. But either way, table service dining at Disney requires some advance planning.

If you typically prefer a counter service and table service meal daily, the dining plan might be for you. Some people feel it's a lot of food or that the table service dining takes time away from attractions. Others just break even or don't eat that way on vacation, so it's not for them. It works with the way my family eats, and I love to have the meals paid for in advance, so the plan has worked for me.

LVT
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
We use refillable mugs while at resort. Meals are mostly a few shared items rather than everyone getting appetizers, main course and dessert. We drink water with meals. We take prepacked snack foods from home. IE granola bars, dried fruit and nuts. We do go for a few nice meals.
The cost has been very close to the dining plan on the 2 trips I bothered to compare.
Do your children eat anything and will they share?
Have fun planning.