PDA

View Full Version : Disney Buses

bob6572
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Just got back from week at BWV and my major complaint is the Disney Transport system. On Thursday, we saw the MK bus leave at 7:20am for EMH. Got to stop at 7:25 and their wasn't another bus till almost 8. And there were 2 back to back. In the meantime there were 3 AK buses, which didn't open till 9. Didn't get to MK till 8:20, lost almost half the EMH. Just think they should have more buses scheduled for EMH than for parks not opening for an hr.

faline
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
We noted lots of inconsistencies in bus service on our last trip. There were long waits for buses on occasion while multiple busses for other parks came through. Often busses for the same park arrived at the same time. At other times, we got right onto busses wich hardly no wait at all.

DizneyRox
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
It's the new On Demand bus system... I haven't quite got it figured out, but I'm sure it saves them tons of money on fuel, etc, otherwise, doesn't make and sense to implement it.

Guest experience doesn't factor into the equation though... Used to be nice when you could count on a bus every 20 minutes.

BigRedDad
01-31-2010, 04:17 PM
This is why they need to implement a new system. They need to have the bus stops have a room card reader. You slide your card in, hit the park you are off to, and then the computer figures out the park a bus is going to. The system can alert the machine with approximate wait times and that a bus is in en-route.

It would be much more efficient and not too difficult to implement. They would have the initial cost of about $300 per bus stop. Small price to pay for better customer sat. I experienced this at Pop last time. There were 80 people waiting for MK bus. There were two parked for AK. There was no one waiting for MK. My dad went to the guy asked him why he couldn't take us to MK. The driver called, switched to MK and we were on our way. You should not have to ask for this though.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
We noticed a lot of that on our last trip too!

We waited forever to get to DTD, and finally asked a driver to call it in, and a bus came shortly after that.

We did end up driving a lot more than usual on our last trip, just seemed way too long to wait for busses at the resort.

From the parks back to the resort was still pretty good, it was just getting there in the first place that seemed hard!

faline
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
It's the new On Demand bus system... I haven't quite got it figured out, ...

I can't figure it out at all.

rubato
01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
The busses were off for us too. On day 2, we were going to AK, we saw 3 busses for Epcot, 4 for MK and 2 for DHS. I just chalked it up to AK not being as busy. The next day, we were going to MK. We saw 4 Epcot, 3 DHS and, get this, 3 AK busses before we got one for MK. We just made a little game of it and figured that at least it was sunny and warm while we were waiting for our bus!

My favorite though, was the night we were coming back from MK. We were staying at CBR. We get on a full bus, standing room only, full of cranky people (we weren't, but everyone around us sure was). We were fine until the bus showed up at DHS! I don't know what the bus driver was thinking, but everyone freaked out! DHS was closed anyway, so we couldn't even ride TSM or anything! He very quickly got us over to CBR, but then wasn't calling out the names of the stops. So, someone had to get off the bus, call out the name, and then, everyone who needed to could get off. It was interesting at least!

joelkfla
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
The buses really aren't running "On Demand" yet. They still haven't gotten all the components -- the network, the on-board terminals, and the software (and, oh yes, the human element) -- to work reliably enough and cohesively enough to "throw the switch."

We're told they're still trying, but the date keeps slipping.

LudwigVonDrake
02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Y'know sometimes the buses are so efficient it's scary and other times the system is horrible. They need to get the "on demand" system working...soon.