PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - planning way ahead...

wdwluv
01-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm already plotting our course for our trip the first week of December 2010...just hoping park hours & schedules cooperate with my evil plans! LOL

I'm looking for advice/input on the Very Merry Christmas Party. Is it worth the expense? (I can see snow 6 months a year here in WNY)

THANKS! :mickey:

retiredfigment
01-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Do you have kids? I went with my adult daughter this year and we had fun, but I am sure it would be alot more fun with kids. Free cookies, apple slices and hot chocolate. The Christmas parade was amazing, and you didn't have to line up too far in advance. Yes, I can see snow all the time in OH too, but their snow is warm:joy: You also can get on all the major rides quickly and often. Lots of fun!

Pete Olsen
01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
It is a magical event. All of the hard ticket events are well worth extra expense and planning. Being your snowbelt neighbor, let us assure you that there is nothing like a Mainstreet snow fall.

LoriMistress
01-31-2010, 03:51 PM
DH and I went to two MVMCP in '07 and we enjoyed it. Though, the only bad side was that both days were so crowded, we couldn't get any pictures taken with the characters. Each line was 45-60 minutes, and that was the shortest wait time. Other then that, we did have a great time. We rode on countless rides, and did have a great time.

ANG
02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
We're attending the Christmas party for the first time as well :mickey:

wdwluv
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh thanks so much for the input everyone!

I do have kiddos to enjoy it with! :-)

And glad to hear my snowy neighbors enjoyed the warm snow! :mickey:

I don't know why - but I didn't think about the rides being open - only thought about the snow & hot cocoa and parade. What hours is this usually then? (and when does the park close on this day?) (Is it usually the same days of the week every year? Do you need a park hopper in addition to this ticket if you go to a different park that day? I assume so....)

Belster
02-01-2010, 05:19 PM
This will be our first time going as well. We usually are at WDW for Halloween. We love the party and would go every year!!

We LOVE that you can get on all the major rides without a wait. Yes...the character waits are a bit long but it is half the fun! The ambiance is amazing for Halloween...cannot wait to go during MVMCP.

BTW....I too am planning my trip already...lol.

coneygoil
02-02-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll be going to the MVMCP the same week! It will also be my family's first time. Guessing if it's kind of like the MNSSHP, the ride lines will probably be pretty short. The character lines will not! I was lucky enough to get front in line for Genie by accident last year. I can't wait for the snow and cocoa!

Disneyglamour
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
You will LOVE MVMCP!! I am 23 years old and my parents and I went for the first time in 2008 and we fell in love! My dad insists we go back every other year (so this year we're going again!!). You'll hear some people say it's not worth it but I totally disagree! There's just something about sipping hot chocolate and eating sugar cookies and listening to Christmas music while walking through the Magic Kingdom that warms your heart for the holidays.

I could be wrong, but I think the park closed at 7pm the night of the party. You want to get there early though so you can see the castle lighting ceremony. I think we just kinda took our time that morning and toured some hotels and then arrived at the park at 4pm. The park stays open til midnight for the party. You will need a park hopper to go to another park the day of the party if you decide to do that. Usually Intercot releases the dates for the party in March and they go on sale in May.

I hope you enjoy it! I'm sure you will!!:mickey:

disneyfan1014
02-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't think you need a park hopper to go to MK for the party, even if you are at a different park in the am. Your ticket to the party is your admission to MK any time after 4pm. So, you can use your regular park ticket to go anywhere in the morning, then get to MK around 4 and use your MVMCP ticket to get in from then until closing. HTH

Kathy

renecat
02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
You only need your ticket to the party. I think you can get in early. You don't have to wait until seven.They will put a wrist band on you and away you go. Anyone without a wrist band will be ask to leave the park at either 6 or 7. Not everything is open as far as the attractions but most of the good ones are. They will have two parades one early and one late. The fireworks are extra special. The park closes at midnight I believe. I have never stayed until closing. You'll have a great time.

wdwluv
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Maybe I will see you there coneygoil, Disneyglamour and Belster! :party2: :clappy:

So all of you have sealed the deal for me!! :rocks:

Now I'm just uncertain as to which is right...you DO need a Parkhopper to do a different park on that day?...or this ticket gets you in without being at MK that day. (as I hope my plan to AVOID parks on their perspective Magic Hours days works out and I am hoping to avoid springing for a parkhopper)

Thanks so much AGAIN! :mickey::mickey:

02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Now I'm just uncertain as to which is right...you DO need a Parkhopper to do a different park on that day?...or this ticket gets you in without being at MK that day.

The party ticket is the ONLY one that you will need to use to get into the party. The turnstiles on the east side of the entrance will change over at about 3:45 or so to read ONLY the party ticket and will NOT accept park tickets (only the turnstiles on the west side will read park tickets). Party entrance is shown to open at 4:00 pm but usually will open somewhere between 3:45 and 3:50 (depends on the computer changeover).

If you go into the MK BEFORE that time, you will have to use your park ticket. If you have been to another park and wish to enter the MK BEFORE 4:00 pm, you will have to use a hopper.

If you are in the MK prior to the 4:00 pm entry time for the party, you can either come to the east turnstiles or go to the Rose Garden and have your party ticket scanned and get your wristband.

wdwluv
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
AWESOME 11290!

So let me just confirm that I understand.

If I DO NOT have a Parkhopper and I go to, say, Epcot on Christmas Party day...and head to MK for the Christmas Party at 4pm...I use JUST the Christmas ticket to get in...and NOT need a parkhopper pass for that day.

Am I getting it right?

:mickey:

2WDW
02-07-2010, 05:54 PM
You got it! If your schedule permits, try and go during the week, crowds are usually smaller.

02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
You've got it correct. The ONLY ticket that will get you a wrist band for the Christmas party is the party ticket. The turnstiles for the party entrance will NOT READ a park ticket after the computer changeover.