PDA

View Full Version : DVC Upgrade

wendybird
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Has anyone ever been upgraded at check-in.? Such as MK view from a Lake view or upgrade from a studio to a 1 bedroom??

DizneyRox
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
It happens, but there has to be a good reason. Slim to nil chance just because they feel like it.

Maleficent's Dad
01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
It's rare - and in fact, I thought it never occurred. But in 2008 I was upgraded at the BWV from a Studio to a 1BR (for 4 nights). Note - we were going to a 1BR after the four nights, so I don't know if that made a difference.

Then, last February, we had booked 3 studios at SSR for a week's stay. All three were upgraded to 1BR's. This was a complete shock!

These are the only upgrades I've ever heard about, and feel fortunate because I was the recipient. So they do happen, but they are rare - very rare, indeed.

Aurora
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Frank, I can't help but wonder if you are tagged in Disney's system because you are an Intercot cast member. I don't think this is very far-fetched, as I'm sure they are aware of key people in the Internet community and I'm curious whether they are encouraged to make sure you and others have a pleasant stay.

Two separate upgrades just make me go hmmm...... :)

Tinkermom
02-03-2010, 09:58 AM
We were also upgraded at BWV several years ago. We were upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom. :mickey:

No, I do not think it has anything to do with being involved with INTERCOT. Just luck of the draw. :D

MinnieMommie
02-04-2010, 06:30 AM
In January 2009 we were upgraded from a standard studio at AKL to a Savannah view. It was interesting because we had been trying to get a concierge or SV room without any luck but then without asking at check in were upgraded. It was a beautiful room with an amazing view of the animals. :mickey:

DonLefNY
02-04-2010, 07:15 AM
In 9 years of DVC and 34 WDW stays it's never happened to me.

PlutoPlanet
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
We also got an upgrade at AKL from a studio standard view to studio Savannah.