PDA

View Full Version : Checking in around 8 pm ???

GINNY69
01-30-2010, 03:48 PM
We will be checking in around 8 pm and we are Leaving April 17th. We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn and we requested a standard view room. My question is because we are checking in late in the day what are the chances all the good rooms will be gone??? I was hoping for a garden view. I really do not want a parking lot view and I am afraid that is all thats going to be left. We booked our vacation through Southwest Vacation not thru Disney so I cannot call and request a garden view.. Sooooooooo confused.. Also my husband thinks or should I say hopes that maybe all the regular standard rooms will be gone by the time we check in and we will be upgraded.. Well I am not sure about that. to me that is wishful thinking.. We don't have that kind of good luck.. But Heck its a nice thought.. Please give me your thoughts on this. Thanks soooooooooooo much.. Have a Magical Day !! :pixie: :pixie:

JenniferS.
01-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't really have an answer, but we once checked in at 11:00 pm and we got a free upgrade from a standard view to a tower bay lake view at the Contemporary. So, who knows.

TammiMcMan
01-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately, the later you check-in, the less room inventory there is to choose from. It could mean a complimentary upgrade, but most times it means a room that might be less desirable. You can always ask about upgrading or switching to another room the following day. That's worked well for us in the past.