PDA

View Full Version : Jiko - Is it worth it?

TinkerbellsMom
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi All,

We're thinking of trying Jiko this May and would love your honest thoughts on it. We're a family of 3 (DH, DD (9), and me) and will not be on the dining plan.

Although AKL is our "WDW home" and we're staying there again this May, we've never tried Jiko. We love BOMA and are wondering how different the food offerings are.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Pirate Granny
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
love it, love it and love it...go and enjoy...
:pirate:

DVC2004
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
We love Jiko- love it! They have some wonderfully spiced food, not spicey as in hot but as in flavorful. If you like wine they have a great selection of South African Wines. Do not skip this place! I love the Taste of Africa appetizer which is various breads and spreads and the filet with red wine sauce anc mac n cheese. It sounds like an odd pairing but it's excellent. I know my son ordered a pb and j off the kids menu and was dleighted when it came out on rainbow colored bread. Definitely try it!

disneyfanfromoz
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I would say that its worth it. We LOVE Jiko :thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
I also love Jiko. I think it's a really great and different fine dining experience. I like some of the Signatures better, but most of them are more similar in food choices than you find at Jiko.

Cool, relaxing atmosphere. Wonderful service. Unique flavors and dishes to try. Nice wine list (South African wines are not my favorite, but they have a good list with lots to choose from). I do love Boma, too, but if you're looking for a more relaxed, fine dining experience, Jiko is very satisfying.

pox24
01-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Don't miss it. We had Ostrich the last time there. That night my wife slept all night with her head under the pillow! Only kidding. Its a great place to eat.:thumbsup:

rpcwjr
01-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I thought it was great. I would go. I think all three of you will enjoy it!!!!