PDA

View Full Version : CityWalk, NBA City

Melanie
01-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to inquire about CityWalk during the day. Is it worth going to? We have tickets to see the Magic next Friday night and thought about eating mid/late afternoon at NBA City. Haven't heard much at all about this restaurant. Any reviews? Looks kinda like every other restaurant of the type - Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, etc.

What else is there to do at CityWalk? Looking at the website, it doesn't look like there is shopping.

Any firsthand reviews would be great. :thumbsup:

Rhetoric2000
01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I spent some time at CityWalk in the daytime this last trip.

Got to say that while it is a wonderful place to be in the early evening, there isn't much in the way of shopping there at the moment.

Can't say I've tried NBA City - I've been told good things about it but for the life of me can't remember where. Sorry.

I think as long as you like the look of the NBA City Menu it's worth giving a try - but don't go purely on the basis of hanging round CityWalk if it's any time before 5pm.

There is, of course, the massive cinema though if that's somehting you'd consider in the daytime.

NJGIRL
02-01-2010, 09:15 AM
We ate at NBA City many years ago and it was good but nothing fancy. It is just like every other chain of that sort NasaCar, Fridays, Hard Rock. We have been in City Walk many times to get to the Studio and IOA and while we have never stopped to shop I remember many shops you can get into without actually having a Universal ticket. The last time we were there was Oct 2008 so if nothing has changed since then you will be able to shop.

Melanie
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I'll think we'll give it a try. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular with the food, but my son will love looking at the NBA stuff. :basket:

Goofy Pluto
02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I've been to NBA City. Granted, it was almost 10 years ago but I remember the food being very good with large portions. My only disappoinment? I was hoping to actually watch a basketball game that was on but they did have any showing! Just highlight reels. But, oh well. Good food, from what I remember.