PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions For Off Property Pet Friendly Hotel

DisneyPrincess21
01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
I will be having to split my stay on my upcoming trip, I will be staying 4 nights on property at POP, but then I need to stay off property 3 nights with my doggies.

I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on a pet friendly hotel that is close to Disney, clean, good price (around $100 ish is fine) and in a good/safe area. It is so frustrating trying to find a hotel that fits all my needs without having firsthand experience about the hotel and location,cleanliness,price, etc.

Thanks! :wave:

Spartan_Jeff
01-30-2010, 01:39 AM
I saved this list from a trip we were planning with the pup.

Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista
Celebration World Resort
All Universal Hotels
Sheraton Safari
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
Masters Inn Maingate
La Quinta Inn
Buena Vista Suites
Days Inn East of Universal Studios
Westin Grand Bohemian
Omni @ Champions Gate
Extended Stay Deluxe Suites
Red Roof Inn Orlando Convention Center
Residence Inn
Motel 6 International Drive

wdw_bound
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
We enjoyed Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay. We did not have pets with us, but they are a pet friendly hotel. Great pool area, onsite mini-golf, free breakfast. Nice clean rooms. My only complaint was that my pillow smelled smoky - we had a non-smoking room. I called down to the front desk, and they had the pillows replaced in just a few minutes, with many apologies.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to add a word of advice--before you book a hotel, make sure you know exactly what their pet policy is. Some hotels have restrictions on the size or number of dogs that are allowed, as well as restrictions on leaving them in room alone or uncrated. :dog:

disneykidsince1970
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I've twice stayed at the Residence Inn at Lake Buena Vista with two 65 pound dogs. The rooms are large so plenty of room for you and the pups. I highly recommend this place for off-property with pets.

MickyLuver
02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
My family just stayed at the Hilton on Bonnet Creek which is on Disney Property but without the Disney Themes. It located on Bonnet Creek Blvd. (or Road, not sure) and it is connected to the Waldorf Astoria. It is very pet friendly, 4 star rating and we stayed there for $89/night. It was very nice and it truly was not like staying on Disney property. On the same road is a Wyndam hotel also and they too have fabulous rates per night.

badkitty
02-04-2010, 03:31 AM
I've twice stayed at the Residence Inn at Lake Buena Vista with two 65 pound dogs. The rooms are large so plenty of room for you and the pups. I highly recommend this place for off-property with pets.

I agree. This is my favorite pet-friendly hotel and I have been to several. It is very close to the World plus the free breakfast is amazing. (They have Mickey waffes!)They do charge a non-refundable pet fee so I would definitely call first.