PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever won a trip to WD?

DakotaDisney
01-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Has anyone ever won a free trip to Walt Disney World?
If so what did it include?
What special treats/gifts/events were there?
What was it like?
Other than being free, what was the best part?
Was it your best trip to the world or not?

Just curious. I would love to win a trip.:mickey:

faline
01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
No but there was a trip report from someone who did win a trip.

Iluvpooh
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
No_I Wish! But a friend of a friend did win a Mini-Van and a trip from Dodge a few years ago. It would be nice though!

Although, I hear the taxes on the trips are usually around the same amount as what a person "in the know" would pay for a trip because the "retail value" of the trip is usually listed as way higher than an actual trip.
I had a friend who won a trip out west and had to list the trip on her taxes and the taxes were around $1500. She probably could have planned her own trip for the same amount. (The grass isn't always greener:thumbsup:)

sgdisney
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
One of my best friends won a trip to WDW a couple of years ago from a Happy Meal at McDonalds. They got 4 nights at the Yacht Club, 5 day park hoppers and flights for 4 people. My friend took her DH and two grandkids who were 3 & 5 at the time. It was their first trip and my friend finally figured out why I am so crazy about WDW, cause she came back hooked!

AHOTE
01-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I won a 5 day/4 night trip for two to WDW from a former employer one year at our Christmas party. :santa: The trip covered all our expenses except for alcoholic beverages and souvenirs. We each got $250.00 in spending money. We were booked into Dixie Landings but we were able change it to the Allstar Music resort and added two days to our stay for the same money. Needless to say we had a wonderful time and it was a great trip. As it worked out every expense was paid by my employer on a corporate charge so I had no tax responsibility. :thumbsup:

brownie
02-01-2010, 10:41 AM
No, but I keep trying!

SBETigg
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I won a trip in 2000, a radio station call-in trivia game. You had to be the first caller to name the Disney character speaking in a brief audio clip. Callers kept getting picked before me, so I thought I didn't have a shot- but so many people got it wrong! The person before me said Scooby Doo. It was Jock from Lady and the Tramp.

It was for four nights at POR, including airfare and park hopper tickets, plus $200 in spending money. We added three days on, and spent lots of our own money as well, but so worth it. It came at a time in which we had very little money for vacations and I was so happy to win.