PDA

View Full Version : Jealous Mom!

Magic Smiles
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
I am so jealous of my son who is going to be going to DL in Apr with some of the students from his Grade 12 Broadcasting class. They will first be going to Las Vegas for a weeks worth of workshops and then on to DL for 2 days where they will be getting some kind of behind the scenes tours and they will be filming a documentary. No chaperones required :cry::pout::humph:

Disney4us2
01-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I am sure he will have a blast. Too bad they don't need any chaperones. April is beautiful there. The trees at the hub should all be in bloom.

Magic Smiles
04-06-2010, 09:39 PM
DS's trip got rearranged and he leaves for DL tomorrow evening. They are staying at the Ramanda Maingate and then heading to Las Vegas for the Broadcasting/Multi media conference on the weekend.
So sad that I couldn't go :envy:, but I am sure that they will have a fantastic time.
His first visit to a Disney Park without his parents. :sadwave:

Magic Smiles
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Well DS is in Anaheim, actually at DL now, but his luggage is still enroute from Detroit to LAX. Delta called very late last night to find out where his destination was as the airline luggage tag had been torn off.
Maybe in the future we will put both our home address and destination address on our luggage tags. Thank goodness I was still at home so when the airline called I could let them know where he was headed. His cell phone has to be turned off as we Canadians get charged huge roaming fees while travelling outside of Canada.
Now I am hoping that his luggage gets to him before he leaves tomorrow for Las Vegas, via LAX once again. Rocky start to his 1st BIG trip without his parents.

Disney4us2
04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Hope you DS is enjoying DL. The weather here is great today. Hopefully his luggage will catch up to him quickly.

Phantod
04-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Just a suggestion for future trips. We always make a copy of our itinerary and put it on the top inside the suitcase. It would be the first thing they would see upon opening it up. Haven't had to have them use it yet, but, better safe than sorry.

Magic Smiles
04-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Just a suggestion for future trips. We always make a copy of our itinerary and put it on the top inside the suitcase. It would be the first thing they would see upon opening it up. Haven't had to have them use it yet, but, better safe than sorry.
Good suggestion, but I wonder if they even opened the suitcase. Our home phone number was on the outside tag.

eeyorepoohfan
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Did your son get his luggage okay?! How did his trip go?

Magic Smiles
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Did your son get his luggage okay?! How did his trip go?
Yes he did finally get his luggage, 4 1/2 hours before they left the hotel to go back to LAX to catch their flight to Las Vegas.

Aside from the luggage mishap he had an amazing trip. I think he enjoyed being able to show a few classmates around Disneyland and California Adventures, as we had our first trip last Aug. They, there was only 7 of them, including the teacher were given a 3 or 4 hour tour of behind some of the scenes. After Turtle Talk with Crush they were allowed to stay behind and had some one on one time with Crush and discovering how it works. I know they also did something in Tower of Terror, but can't remember what else was on their tour now. I know that they were suppose to be filming a documentary for school, but I haven't heard anything about that since they returned. I think that was a con to get to school to okay a side trip to Disneyland :D:secret:

They stayed at the Ramada Maingate, but after us staying in the Grand Californian last August, the Ramada does not get a very good review from my son, but I am sure that it was probably just fine.

From Disneyland they flew to Las Vegas where they attended the 2010 NAB: Digital Media Event during the day for 5 days and touring around Vegas until after midnight almost every night. After being in Vegas for 7 days, my DS arrived home 10 days after leaving home, absolutely exhausted :D, but with his luggage:mickey:

Disney4us2
04-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Glad to know that your DS luggage caught up to him. Sounds like he had a great time.:mickey: