PDA

View Full Version : Best Rooms within Pop Century

GianLucas
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have information regarding the best rooms within Pop Century? I do have a Preferred room reserved.

Strmchsr
01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Having a preferred room doesn't always guarantee close, which is why we stopped asking for a preferred room. Some are in 60s, but some are in 50s, 70s, and 80s, too. If close is most important to you, be sure to request 60s on your reservation.

There really isn't a bad room. Parts of the 70s and 80s are the farthest away from the front. Check the resort map out in our resort section and you can see the location of all the buildings. It's a great resort. I'm sure you'll love it wherever your room is.

pox24
01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Good for you. The preferred rooms usually put you the closest to the main buidling and occasionally gives you a king bed. The 60's Bldg is a typical preferred location. We had a room a while back on the first floor right behing the Yo Yo's. It was about 25 yds from the bar and pool, and a 2 minute walk to the main bldg. I wish I could remember the room #. I would modify your res, by requesting 60's bldg 1st floor near the YoYo's. Sounds goofy ( sorry for the pun), but you never know. Good Luck:thumbsup:

GianLucas
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Greenlawler
01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I would add that while the 90's and 50 tend to get you further away from the main building, they also provide the best parking if you drive like we do.

BigRedDad
01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
We had a preferred room in the 70s bldg, 1st floor, facing the playground. It was very convenient to the buses, Goofy Fountain, main pool and lobby.

Iluvpooh
01-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I prefer to stay in the 70s, but park in the 90s parking lot.

Tink#64
01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
We have stayed at Pop 4 times, 3 x in 60's section, bldg #4 behind the Play-Do can and once in a standard room, 70's section bldg # 10. They were all good locations, 60's had a view of the Lake & very quiet, last bldg, so not much foot traffic around our room! Bldg #10 actually closer to the bus stops by cutting out thru the parking lot! I can give you more info, room #'s, map etc if you want to pm me. We enjoy Pop no matter what room we're in, it's a colorful & vibrant resort! :thumbsup:

coneygoil
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
My family always stays in the '80's section. We ask for the first floor in the building closest to the front and we seem to always get it! We do poolside side of parking lot side, because it's more pleasant walking out and seeing a lovely pool. People usually aren't too loud, so we don't get disturbed by the pool noise. The walk to the front isn't a very long one, and we also cut through the parking lot to get to the bus stop. Makes the walk so much shorter!

Belster
02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
We like to be just outside of the Hippy Dippy Pool...1st floor...next to laundry and the bar. Only a 2 minute walk to the main hall.

Love the Pop!!! Enjoy!

Granny Jill A
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM
I ended up in the BEST room ever during my November trip. It was in the 80's building #9, first floor, room 32 (room 9132). It was a very short walk across the parking lot to the bus stops and the food court. It was super quiet because we didn't face the swimming pools.

Good luck.

websitekid
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm in a WDW class right now through my university, and over spring break we will be staying at Pop Century. Any ideas of what college students could do while staying there to entertain us?

JPL
02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
My Favorite roms in Pop are either in the 50's or 90's facing Hourglass Lake they are just a lot quieter and I really don't mind walking the few extra steps to get to the buses or Everything Pop.

NJDad
02-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Stayed just behind the Play-Do this last time, ground floor.

Thought it'd get too noisy, wasn't too bad, was actually very convenient, short walk to the pool , good for the chilly Jan. air.

After that experience I'd probably pick the room on the first floor on the back of the 60s building closest to the main hall.

DisneyFr33k
02-08-2010, 07:00 AM
It was super quiet because we didn't face the swimming pools.

We've had 2 opposite experiences with POP. Both times we asked for the top floor, but never got it. We've had bad experiences with other hotels with people above us. However, we really didn't have issues with noise. Only the occassional toliet flush and bad coughing fit from someone next to us.

The first time we got the 50's building third floor, facing the bowling pin pool. OK location - good so we could watch the kids swim and not have to be out there with them. Bad for the noise - late night swimmers can be noisy. Another minus for us being there was we had to walk through two designated smoking areas to get to the food court - one being right beside the main entrance. We have smoke allergies.

The second time we got the 60's building second floor, facing the Hourglass Lake. It was so nice and quiet. And we were able to get to our room rather quickly by using the side stairways, or should I say yo-yo. And an added bonus was we could not see the remains of the unfinshed building across the lake. We had a beautiful tree blocking its view. The walk to and from the food court was nice. We'd stay here again in a heart beat.

Good luck - you'll enjoy this resort no matter what!