PDA

View Full Version : Hotel suggestions near Universal?

Disney OB RN
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm weighing the option of staying off site for Universal trip, & have a party of 2adults/3 kids vs. paying for a deluxe room to accomodate us for the perk of the Universal Express-Plus benefit. I don't know which hotels surrounding this area would be a place to start to research for price/feasibility. Any suggestions from good/bad hotels stays outside of Universal's complex???? (I've stayed at the Royal Pacific before, loved the proximity, perks, but is sleeps 4). Thanks for any help out there!!!:blush:

murphy1
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
We like the ones across the street on Major Blvd--Holiday Inn, Doubletree and those type. It's just a short hop across, you can see some of the rides too.

FutureFairygodmother
01-29-2010, 11:45 AM
We're staying at the Royal Pacific in August and they said we can have 5 to a room. We have 2 Adults/ 3 teenagers. They said they will bring in a roll away bed. It may be alittle tight, but for us it seems worth it for the perks

Disney OB RN
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info....will look for promos, weigh the price of the Universal plus pass with vs. off site. I'll check with the Royal Pacific for sure!

Touchdown
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I would strongly recommend staying on site, the Express Pass perk is by far the best perk offered by any park anywhere. Ive never waited more then 10 minutes for a Universal Ride since this debuted.

It is just fantastic to walk around the resort all day knowing that whenever you feel like it you can get in line and ride one of the best rides in the resort (and for the most part the world) in less then 15 minutes while the proletariat have to wait over 2 hours for the same experience.