PDA

View Full Version : BWV Standard v. preferred

KAT1811
01-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Could someone please tell me the difference between a standard and preferred 2 bedroom unit at Boardwalk Villas?

Basket Mommy
01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure that preferred is closer to the elevators. We made the mistake of trying to save points last time we stayed @ BWV. We went with standard and we had to walk down 3 long hallways to reach our room. It's worth spending the extra points to get a preferred room!

DVC2004
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't know about location in proximity to elevators, but Standard refers to standard view which will be looking at the parking lot. Preferred is not a Boardwalk View, but will look to pool or a garden/landscape view, so something other than parking lot. Hope that helps.

PlutoPlanet
01-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Standard view can indeed be a parking lot view. However, we ask for Standard at the BWV every year. Once you know the intermediate exits you can get to the bus stop faster. Also, there are quick routes to the pools. The BW view itself is spectacular, but for us it is not worth it.

pox24
01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Been there , done that a few times. I had a 2 br standard last Oct and it was great. Drove up for a week end of golf and we were on the first floor facing the quiet pool and the Swan and Dolphin waterway. Although it was a long walk to the valet, we used the side exit and it took about 3 minutes walking up the main entrance to the hotel. The times we had a preferred location has been over Big River and once over Geberal Store facing the Boardwalk. Although that was nice, I enjoyed the other one better, mainly because it was on the pool and quiet.

bob6572
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Standard view also gives great vies of Illuminations at night in most rooms. Had standard this yr and wasn't far from elevator at all. And would prefer standard than looking at quiet pool.

ElenitaB
02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
We've had a standard view a few times. Once our room was looking over the main entry way. The noise from the DME busses and then from them powerwashing the main driveway in the middle of the night was enough to wake me up a few times. Ever since then, I've booked a preferred view villa.