PDA

View Full Version : Meals on Last Trip

disneykid@hrt
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
We ended up only doing 4 Table Service meals on our last trip. We had 6 scheduled- but they didn't end up fitting into reality's schedule...

So T-Rex for dinner. Nice atmosphere. When we went it was basically empty, (In the afternoon.) so I don't know how it would be when busy. I had the chicken. It was "okay." No major complaints, just not anything special. DH had a steak. He said it was "very good." My 2 year old had a salad. She loves salads. It was very good sized and cost less than anything on the children's menu.

California Grill for dinner. Best dining experience I think I've ever had. We had a great view. The service was excellent. The food was spectacular- and for me that's saying alot, I always say nobody cooks better than me, but they may have pulled it off. We all had steaks. The steak on the children's menu was $14 and was a nice size portion. They didn't skimp for the kids! I had a custom cake made. While it wasn't the best tasting cake I've had- vanilla with vanilla custardy filling- it was the best decorated cake I've ever eaten. The cake was an additional $100. Incredible view of Wishes! A must-do for any special celebration.

Lunch at Liberty Tree. We thought we were meeting Pooh and his friends, and even when I booked the ressie the CM told me Pooh was there because of Crystal Palace being shut down. Anyway it was Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto. The food was very good. It's a Turkey Day dinner brought out family style. The kids loved the Mac & Cheese. Besides our dinner at Cali Grill it was our best meal.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's. Good character interaction. Decent service. The food was not so good. I thought the selection was somewhat lacking.

The food from the food court was disgusting every single time. We had Flame Tree BBQ- I had the chicken salad which was making me :sick: the more I tried to eat it. Cosmic Rays was "okay."

It seemed like the food we ate from counter services had a "fast food" effect. We would be stuffed for about 15 minutes and then an hour and a half later we would be starving. I think that says something about the quality of the food they are using. We don't go for the food anyway, but it stinks that we are hostage to the high prices while there.

wdwluv
01-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm still new and finding new information.....Crystal Palace is closed? Do you know why and for how long?

And what food court are you referring to?

(still learning everything)

ElenitaB
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
From the Closing & Refurbishment Schedule (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) which is found on INTERCOT's InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp):

The Crystal Palace will be closed January 3 - February 13, 2010. To provide Guests with a character dining experience during this temporary closure, beginning January 3, 2010, Liberty Tree Tavern will open as a character dining location for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with all meals served in an all-you-care-to-enjoy, family-style setting. On February 15, 2010, Liberty Tree Tavern will resume its normal operation of serving lunch and dinner as a non-character location.

Hope that helps!

Jackie, any pictures of that cake you can share with us? Glad it was pretty, at least!

pirateyankee80
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
..........California Grill for dinner. Best dining experience I think I've ever had. We had a great view. The service was excellent. The food was spectacular- and for me that's saying alot, I always say nobody cooks better than me, but they may have pulled it off. We all had steaks. The steak on the children's menu was $14 and was a nice size portion. They didn't skimp for the kids!..........

:thumbsup:Going to CG in Nov for first time, thanks for the report.....:mjump: