PDA

View Full Version : Photopass wristbands???

KAT1811
01-28-2010, 09:56 AM
When we were in the water parks the photopasses they were handing out had these really neat wristbands attached to them. We just stuck it on our wrist and went, no searching in purses and pockets every time we wanted our picture taken. It was great!

Why don't they offer the same passes in the other parks? I would gladly pay a couple bucks for the wristband. The convenience of never having to look for the pass is SO worth it.

I do not care for the lanyards they sell. I don't want anything hanging around my neck all day. But the wristbands were great.

biodtl
01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I agree - I don't care for lanyards, either and I always end up fumbling around to find my photopass card.

BMan62
01-28-2010, 10:03 AM
When we were there in September, all they had on the waterpark FastPasses were rubber bands. Wonder if they went 'cheap' and stopped the nice wristbands altogether????

kakn7294
01-28-2010, 11:27 AM
My "wristband" Photopass card from Typhoon Lagoon in July was also only on a rubber band. My DDs each got a lanyard pouch - the clear plastic ones that you can attach to the end of a lanyard - but fastened it onto their bags instead of wearing it on a lanyard. They kept their Key To The World cards in them for EMHs but it would work for the Photopass cards as well.

biodtl
01-28-2010, 01:59 PM
My DDs each got a lanyard pouch - the clear plastic ones that you can attach to the end of a lanyard - but fastened it onto their bags instead of wearing it on a lanyard.
Good idea! I'll have to remember that next time.

Disneyglamour
01-28-2010, 05:12 PM
There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc. I'm sure they'd include photopass too. The only thing is, they're saying this new technology will cost Disney over a billion dollars. Great idea, but I'd rather see them spending that money adding new attractions.

wdwnomad
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I got a wristband last December when I went to see Tinkerbelle. They were giving them out there. In August, I got a few with the rubberbands at BB. They said they are doing rubberbands because they are more "environmentaly" friendly. I thought to myself I am sure that is true but it reality the rubberbands are just cheaper.

Also, you can bring back and reuse the photopass cards. Any photopass card number that you enter in your account always stays there. The only thing you need to remember if you do this is that the pictures are technically retrived right away because the number is already associated with your account. This starts your 30 days right away.

kakn7294
01-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Also, you can bring back and reuse the photopass cards. Any photopass card number that you enter in your account always stays there. The only thing you need to remember if you do this is that the pictures are technically retrived right away because the number is already associated with your account. This starts your 30 days right away.But sometimes you can contact Photopass and they will extend your pictures. Still, you can't count on an extension and have to think that your pics will expire within 30 days of the first one taken.

wdwnomad
01-29-2010, 10:24 PM
But sometimes you can contact Photopass and they will extend your pictures. Still, you can't count on an extension and have to think that your pics will expire within 30 days of the first one taken.

Photo extensions aren't free anymore and you don't request they do it. You now have to pay for the extensions. One of the "products" offered now are the extensions. A seven day extension is $4.95 and a 15 day extension is $9.95.

PixieMagic
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Just wondering...I still have my awesome wristband from TL 2006...brought it in 2009 but realized the card is so big it wasn't worth attaching...but...could I reuse the OLD photo card that is attached to the wristband since the pics on it are no longer valid??

g8rgirl29
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Just wondering...I still have my awesome wristband from TL 2006...brought it in 2009 but realized the card is so big it wasn't worth attaching...but...could I reuse the OLD photo card that is attached to the wristband since the pics on it are no longer valid??

I think they still have the small cards at the water parks. I just bring a hole punch and still use the big cards til we get to the waterpark for a smaller one. Still beats digging around in your bag or pocket for the card.

kakn7294
01-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Photo extensions aren't free anymore and you don't request they do it. You now have to pay for the extensions. One of the "products" offered now are the extensions. A seven day extension is $4.95 and a 15 day extension is $9.95.Good info. Thanks!

Sweetpea29488
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I was just wondering and thought I would ask on this thread. We were just at Disney in January and I was celebrating a early birthday, from my dh (the trip was a early present from my hubby) they left in the room a card signed by Mickey and a photopass card with a discount. Since this was left the night before we left, I didn't get to use the card. My question is: Could I bring this card with me on my next visit, maybe next year, and use it?

TheRustyScupper
02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc.

1) I thought the process was to insert a computer chip into your arm.
2) This way they know everything about you.
3) And, it could cause pain if you went to Universal.
:secret:

Disneyglamour
02-03-2010, 11:02 AM
1) I thought the process was to insert a computer chip into your arm.
2) This way they know everything about you.
3) And, it could cause pain if you went to Universal.
:secret:

HAHAHA!! That's good stuff! :funny:

KAT1811
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc. I'm sure they'd include photopass too.

I think it's a great idea. How nice would it be to have everything all in one place.