PDA

View Full Version : EMH: Morning and Night each day

BigRedDad
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I may be completely confused, but I thought there is supposed to be a morning and evening EMH for at least one park each day. We are going down March 6 - 14. Out of the 8 days there (16 total EMHs if you add morning and evening), there are 7 opportunities of EMH missing. It is still 5-weeks out, but this does not seem like it is right. It may also be that WDW has cut back on EMH now as well.

Is this just that the final park schedules for March have not been finalized? Is it a cutback on further perks?

03/06: No evening EMH
03/07: No morning EMH
03/09: No evening EMH
03/10: No morning EMH
03/11: No evening EMH
03/12: No morning EMH
03/13: No evening EMH

gerald72
01-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Each day has EITHER a morning EMH, or evening EMH. I belive that's the way it's always been, at least for the last 3 years.

MOJoe
01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
During busy seasons there is usually both an evening and morning EMH. But that is not the "rule". It's either or.

KylesMom
01-28-2010, 09:35 AM
I may be completely confused, but I thought there is supposed to be a morning and evening EMH for at least one park each day Not necessarily. For example, in the summer time, historically there are no evening EMH at any park on Saturday nights. Disney only "guarantees" one park will be open one hour early or up to three hours after park closing. If Disney believes park attendance/bookings are going to be elevated, they will add EMH's, sometimes at the spur of the moment. I wouldn't give up hope yet that more will be added.

Each day, one of the 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens one hour early or remains open up to 3 hours after regular Park closing time. Additionally, Disney Water Parks offer Extra Magic Hours during select times of year.

BigRedDad
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
I think it confused me because in my past trips there has always been one open early and one open late. I guess they are planning for lower crowds because the parks close relatively early for most of the nights during those dates.

gerald72
01-28-2010, 06:08 PM
If they add an EMH spur of the moment, how are people notified?

DizneyRox
01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
If they add an EMH spur of the moment, how are people notified?Spur of the moment is relative. There is usually an hours guide that lists park hours and EMH for the time period it covers. Those are available at your resort or the parks near the maps. They would not just wake up and decide to keep MK open three hours more, they need to staff appropriately, and that's done at least a few weeks in advance.

joelkfla
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Spur of the moment is relative. There is usually an hours guide that lists park hours and EMH for the time period it covers. Those are available at your resort or the parks near the maps. They would not just wake up and decide to keep MK open three hours more, they need to staff appropriately, and that's done at least a few weeks in advance.
Actually, they do sometimes extend hours with just a day's notice ... not EMH, but park hours for all Guests. When that happens, the Times Guide is not reprinted, so it shows the originally plannned hours. The updated hours are posted on the resort TV and on signage at the park.