PDA

View Full Version : We love planning!!

ANG
01-28-2010, 07:16 AM
We still have a little over 9 months until our next trip to the World and we can't stop talking all things Disney!

Anyone else just love planning?:mickey:

CzepielCrew
01-28-2010, 07:55 AM
I love it so much that a few years back I wondered if I should look into becoming a travel agent, but decided I just love planning my own vacation. I plan every day what we will do. My planning has never failed me yet. It is so much fun!

jwildflower1981
01-28-2010, 07:55 AM
I do! I do! I do!!!!
My DH actually get tired of me talking about it. He's more of an "I'll get excited when were a week away" kind of guy. Can you imagine?
I love all things Disney!:mickey:

jodijo
01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one that loves planning Disney vacations. I think planning is half the fun. My family thinks I am crazy, but that's ok with me.

We just went to WDW in November and I am now ready to start planning a new trip. However, with finances the way they are, the trip might be 3 years away.Oh well, that will give me 3 years to plan!

betteratmk
01-28-2010, 09:13 AM
:D i'm addicted!! Love to plan the trips, everyone thinks I'm nuts!! Oh well :blush:

ANG
01-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I do! I do! I do!!!!
My DH actually get tired of me talking about it. He's more of an "I'll get excited when were a week away" kind of guy. Can you imagine?
I love all things Disney!:mickey:

Well MY DH is just as hyped as I am! haha it doesn't help either of us from calming down. We read a chapter in the guidebook every night.

Ms. Mode
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Yes! We were in the world for the first week of 2010 and couldn't quit talking about it. Last week my DH gave in and started talking about going at the end of this year...same time...woo hoo....337 days 'til WDW :mickey:

Dragongirlx
01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
I love it too. we are not going till September but I am planning already. Actually I strted planning for my next trip the minute I got home from the last. The only thing is this year I am making my sister plan the restaurants we are eating in. I am finding it hard to let go

Tink#64
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
For me, planning is the next best thing to being there! Thinking about & planning all the wonderful things that we'll experience when we finally get there again! Simply magical! :tink:

Disney4us2
01-29-2010, 01:31 AM
I am always planning our trip to WDW. It is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. I don't know when we will be going. All I know is when I can book it, I will be all ready with our plans. There is just something special about WDW.:cloud9::cloud9:

Mitzie
01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
We think our kids (13,9 &9) worry for the state of our marriage. DD(13) says all we talk about is Disney. Hey at least we talk!!

Ksmith75
01-29-2010, 01:23 PM
My DH and I plan all year, we literally almost talk about it everynight during and after dinner....esp since we are 3 mos out. We even have our lists of what clothes to pack. We will be pretty much packed a month out too.! Love it!!!!

Kathy Jetson
01-30-2010, 12:45 AM
I start planning our next trip on the way home from the last trip:mickey:

tinksmom02
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
I love planning. My DH is like many others mentioned; he couldn't care less about the planning as long as I tell him where to be when.

I enjoy planning so much that I'm currently planning my next trip, which is who-knows-when in the future. DH says at least 5 years, but I'm planning it just the same (although I'm not writing anything down, all these plans are in my mind!).;)

mickeys_princess_mom
01-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Love the planning!! I also enjoy helping my friends plan their trips and the anticipation of how much fun they're going to have!

kemps@wdw
02-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Any self-respecting WDW lover will tell you that planning is almost as fun as the trip itself and necessary if you want to enjoy the things @ WDW that you don't want to miss. Our next visit is in Oct. but, my planning started last month. We even help other WDW rookies with their planning! :D

iadarolas
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I am addicted to the planning too! I don't mind having a trip a year away. Just knowing there is a WDW vacation in the works makes me smile and helps me get through the day. The planning and anticipation is half the fun. I don't know about the rest of you but I only get this way with Disney World vacations. When we go other places I don't get half as excited. It must be that Disney "magic":magic::pixie:

IloveJack
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM
I can't help but plan; it's half the fun! DH loves the trips, and he wants to know the plan, just the day of. He'll say, "Plan all you want, but don't talk about it more than once a week." I already have my I'cot countdown going til Dec. 8... when I think we might go. Not even sure of that, but it's fun dreaming. :mickey:

DVCDisneyMom
02-05-2010, 08:33 AM
I love to plan!!! It's the best part!!! It totally helps to pass the time between trips!! My kids start adding things to next year's agenda as soon as we get home from a trip! So fun!!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Planning and the anticipation ARE half the trip. It's a great way to make your trip last longer. I even get excited when others are going to WDW and they need my help with making the arrangements.

Bubbie Girl
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Planning is half the fun for me. I just love planning all the fun we will have, where we will stay , where/what we will eat, yeah you get the picture!!! made all my ADR's last week soooo fun:)

snowflakegirl
02-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Planning has always been a huge part of the fun for me...And even when I didn't have a trip in the works, I used to love paging through guide books, and hanging out on Intercot. For reasons I won't go into now, I sort of lost that love of planning over the past couple years. I have my first trip planned with my boyfriend for the end of August this year (it will be his first real trip, and I'm so excited to share it with him). But I am LOVING planning this trip and totally getting into reading the posts on Intercot and going through my Birnbaum's Guide. Best part, my boyfriend is enjoying hearing about it all so far (of course there are still 6 months).

Rekenna
02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Ha Ha! My DH was just reading this thread and said, "Hey, this is you!":mickey:

I too enjoy planning, and as other posters stated it is half the fun. I am going to change my signature to show our planned trip we will take for either Halloween or Christmas this year, yay!:yay:

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
We plan our planning..... we plan out what needs to be done each month leading up to our trip. I have the reminders in my phone and my calendar so that I get my eReminders.... not like I forget!!!

Our future WDW "planning" plans are usually in our calendars before we leave WDW on the current trip.

forever a child
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I love planning the trip including the decisions on when to go, where to stay, airlines, and major activities. DD15 loves to plan the which parks are on which days, what to do in the parks and organizing those details. So we make a great team! It's what we do together for our trip and then we get to deal with the packing lists for trip...that's fun too! I think I have created a monster and will definitely have to explain all of this some day when DD decided to get married...He'll just have to know what he is getting into, that's all!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-16-2010, 09:48 PM
For me, planning is the next best thing to being there! Thinking about & planning all the wonderful things that we'll experience when we finally get there again! Simply magical! :tink:

:high5: Me, too! I even enjoy planning half my friends' trips, too! :wave: