PDA

View Full Version : WDW first or Universal First

Gayle
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
My DH and I are planning a trip this upcoming December while DD is on college break. Both DD will be along, and of course they want to see the Harry Potter park at universal we have never been there, I am only willing to give two day's up of my trip to WDW. So question would you do the two day's at the begining or at the end of the trip. Thank you for all help. :mickey::pine:

fielin
01-28-2010, 04:19 AM
If you doubt you will like it, go to Universal first. This way, you know that you will soon be back in your 'comfort zone'.

If you think you will like it, put it at the end : you will let the anticipation build and have the pleasure of discovering something new at the end of your trip.

Just my opinion. :)

yjgirl32
01-28-2010, 08:34 AM
We are also doing a non-disney park- we have decided to do ours at the begining. We chose the begining because this way we know we will have a good time at Disney.

BugeyedMuggy
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Go to Universal first and get a T shirt. Then wear it to Whispering Canyon Cafe.;)

faline
01-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Universal first - followed by Disney.

NJGIRL
01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Go to Universal first and get a T shirt. Then wear it to Whispering Canyon Cafe.;)

Great idea, that will be alot of fun :thumbsup:
When we haven't stayed at Universal we have done Disney one day then Universal the next day and so on for the first six days. On this trip we are doing Universal first since it is closer to the airport and we are getting in late that night.

BowTie7
01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
You may wish to consider the days of the week that you will be at Universal. Weekends can get busy with locals (especially with the Macy parade and Grinchmas--if they have them this year) and even still in December, Harry Potter probably will make Saturday a crowded mess.

DigitalDaredevil
01-29-2010, 05:05 AM
If you are there all week I would go to Disney in the beginning of the week, then Universal, and back to Disney to cap off your trip.
I always get sad when I walk out of the park the night before we head for home.

Disneymom4ever
01-29-2010, 08:15 AM
For my family, we actually do Disney first, then move over to Universal. We went last time over Christmas break- so even though the lines were crazy long, we stayed onsite, bypassing them! For my teenagers, they love thrill rides, and so they really look forward to going there. For me, it makes leaving Disney a little less depressing, knowing I still have Universal to look forward to! I know everyones different, it's just what works for us! :thumbsup:

StillSimbaGirl
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
I do this differently than everybody else - and it depends if you are staying on-site at Universal when you are planning on visiting. First, look at the days - if you start or end on a weekend - when Disney is crazy - stay at Universal and use that fast pass system to avoid any of the crowd issues.

I also prefer to schedule Universal for the end of my trip. I am usually pretty tired by the end of vacation at Disney...I plan it like I am invading Normandy. When I get to Universal, I can kick back, wander over to a park on MY schedule, ride what we want and wander back...using our fast passes. And I prefer the hotels at Universal...so it's nice to be pampered at the end and would likely be spending more time at the hotel relaxing.

caryrae
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I know when we do Universal we like to do it in the middle of our trip. So we do like 2 or 3 Disney parks, then universal or Sea World, then more Disney Parks.

BowTie7
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
If you plan on staying at one of the Universal hotels and using the express entry, be sure to confirm that the Harry Potter ride will be a part of the system if that is something you expect to see with limited waiting. When I was at Universal this fall, the new roller coaster at Universal was not on Universal Express and everyone had to wait in the long line.

MaxPower
02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I would do Universal in the beginning. There is a lack of magic. And it would be more noticeable if you did it later in your trip.