PDA

View Full Version : I need some new places

javamama
01-27-2010, 09:15 PM
So this is our third year in a row, and I feel like we eat at the same old places every year, granted we have our fav's now and we'll do like them still but I need some changes too.
So here's where we've eaten at, I'm try to stick to one table credits this trip too.
Ohana's-twice
Kona-twice
Yachtsman
1900 park
Castle-breakfast
Chef Mickeys-breakfast-2 dinner-1
Play n Dine
LeCellier
Coral Reef
9 Dragons
Crystal Palace-breakfast
Whispering Canyon
I have a 3 year old and 6 year old, and this time the only repeats we're doing are LeCellier, Crystal Palace, and O'hana's-tradition our last day. I was thinking Yak n Yeti, we did quick service last year and loved it, and maybe 1900 Park again since the Wicked Stepmother puts the fear of God in my kids:blush: Any other places I should think of, or are can't miss places. My kids are good eaters, they eat a good variety of foods even though they have the kids menu. Thanks for the help everyone!

HoosierDisneyFan
01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
I would suggest the following...

50s Prime Time - Great fried chicken, interesting decor and fun with wait staff!

Beirgarten - Germany bufet (with a few non-Germany items for picky eaters) with entertainment

Mama Melrose - Italian. I have gone 3 time. Twice was great and once a little below average.

Raglan Road - Going for the first time in March but I have good things!

SBETigg
01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe (good food, nice alternative to 1900 Park Fare unless you really need characters), Sanaa (animal views), Kouzzina (mostly good reviews, different), and yes, you might like Yak and Yeti.

Pirate Granny
01-27-2010, 09:45 PM
If your children are girls...try any meal at Akerhus (Norway)...princess' are there...also the Garden Grill in the Land is nice (I don't think they have characters anymore...but check). GF Cafe is great; and the Plaza and Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. My favs at Hollywood Studios have already been listed...Yak & Yeti are OK...I prefer Flaming Tree BBQ (counter service)...Is the picnic still available at AK?
:pirate:

SBETigg
01-27-2010, 09:56 PM
...Is the picnic still available at AK?
:pirate:

The picnic went to "seasonal" status, with no date set for its reappearance.

WishingStar2006
01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
We love Yak & Yeti. Also worth a try are Chefs de France, Coral Reef and Teppan Edo...FUN!

javamama
01-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a 6 year boy, and a 3 year girl so he'll be very upset if he has to sit thru another Princess meal!
Dh and I did the GF Cafe years ago, and like it when we were dating, and same with 50's prime time very cute--I always forget those two places. I wouldn't mind trying Kat Cora's place either, thanks all!

KylesMom
01-27-2010, 11:53 PM
To a fellow White Sox fan . . . ESPN Club isn't a bad place :D

We also enjoy Mama Melrose & The Garden Grill.

We're trying T-Rex, 50's Prime Time & Liberty Tree Tavern (all lunches) this time around as "new" places. :mickey:

missymouseworld
01-28-2010, 06:59 AM
We have a 7 year old boy and he really enjoyed the Sci-Fi Drive Inn at DHS. He thought it was cool to eat in the cars.

BigRedDad
01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Sci Fi Drive-in
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Akershus Breakfast was great with the Princesses
Tusker House breakfast

MOJoe
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
You should definitely try either Sci-Fi Dine In or 50's Prime Time at the Studios, and Tokyo Dining at Epcot.

Joannelet
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
I am going to recommend Sci Fi and Teppan Edo.
So much fun!

Scar
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Beirgarten.

Prost!

ElenitaB
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
I see that you haven't visited Garden Grill yet. It's definitely worth a visit! And yes, they have characters (Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale), and are only open at dinner these days. It's one of our favorites!

bruin1344
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Cape May dinner buffet, Rose & Crown before illuminations, and Teppan Edo are some of my favorites not on your list

phlo8810
01-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Def. Do tusker house for breakfast.
Chefs de France is also a must
we do the sci fi dine in every year and have really enjoyed mama melroses too. This year we are def trying the yak & yeti.

LVT
02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Biergarten for food and kids dancing
Tusker House for variety of food.

WelshieLover
02-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I second Askerhaus even with a boy. There were plenty of boys in there. Do it for the food. We went as an adults only party twice last week because we liked the food.

I also would suggest Boma at AKL. It was very good with lots of choices.

bellefromboston
02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I had a wonderful meal at Rose&Crown last trip. It was a late afternoon lunch, we were able to sit on the patio, watch the friendship boat ride by, had incredible service and delicious food! It was :cloud9: One of the best meals of the trip!

MinnieMommie
02-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Teppan Edo is good food and fun.

Chefs de France is one of our favs and the children will like Remi who comes around to each table.

If you like the Yak and Yeti takeout you will like the TS (we do) and will be comfortable seating with kids.

If you will be in DD you also have the option of Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex. Both are entertaining and themed for children.

lighteningqueen
02-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Teppon Edo. We went this past Dec and the kids that age at the table next to ours got a huge kick out of the cook. Very entertaining.
Wonderful food,

T Rex lots to look at while waiting for meal to arrive and huge portions as well as tasty apps.

buzznwoodysmom
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
You didn't mention if you've eaten at Ohana's and Kona Cafe for breakfast or dinner. We've had both breakfast and dinner at both places and both were excellent. Ohana's breakfast with Lilo and Stitch is my kids favorite character breakfast.

Our favorite place at Epcot has been Teppan Edo. Great food and very fun for the kids to watch the "show" as the chef cooks the food right at the table.

At DHS we tend to go back to Sci Fi again and again. My kids love eating in the "cars" while watching old sci fi flicks.

We've eaten at Yak and Yeti at AK and loved it. We didn't have an ADR so hadn't planned on eating there, but it was wonderful and we'd eat there again.

We also love Beaches N Cream at the Beach Club. You don't make ADRs here, but its a great place to eat. Sometimes you have a long wait, but anytime we dont' want to be tied down to having a meal at a certain time and I know we'll be in the area we plan on eating here.

I saw a few people mention Rainforest Cafe or TRex. We've eaten at both and we felt that Rainforest Cafe had the better menu, and was far less noisey. Both times we ate at TRex we left with headaches from all the noise. Its super noisey in there. I didn't thing there could be a place louder than Rainforest Cafe, but TRex was so much louder. Also niether of these are on the dining plan. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but just thought I'd throw that detail in as well.

LudwigVonDrake
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I would suggest 50's Prime Time and/or Sci-Fi :eat:

javamama
02-07-2010, 07:24 PM
So I booked.....Teppan Edo, Crystal Palace breakfast, Ohana's breakfast our tradition, 1900 Park Fare dinner, California Grill surprise for dh--he wants to eat there from 2 years ago and I booked it on the sly:blush::secret: Hope the kids behave, early though 530pm so at least they'll be good if they see the MK throughout the meal. I think I booked somewhere else, but I can't remember:confused: The only place that was impossible was Le cellier lunch was easy to get, no dinner for our entire week oh well I would rather try teppan edo they kids will like that better than eating in the basement---right?
Thanks for everyone's help again!