PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Show ???'s

ljgirl
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
If I don't book a Fantasmic Dinner Package, am I likely to not get into the show? The week we are at WDW, the show is running 3 nights and there are no ADR's left. What are some tips that you may have about the show? Where to sit, when to line up...Also, is it worth it to keep calling to see if any ADR's open up?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
You might get in. Your best bet would be to make sure you're in line about an hour or so before the show starts. As far as where to sit - wherever you can. There's really not a bad seat, but it's so crowded that picking a seat usually isn't an option. You can definitely keep calling to see if there's a cancellation. That never hurts!

TTA Metroliner
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
From my experience it depends on how many are in your party. When I go, there's usually two of us and we can squeeze in just about anywhere!!! we show up about 30 min before it starts, but we also go in off seasons!!!

MOJoe
01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
The best seats in the house are to the left as you enter the theater, and down the stairs a little more than halfway. As to when to line up, it depends. If there is only one show, and The Studios has a crowd, then about an hour before the show is not too early. If there are 2 shows, it is easier. The second show rarely fills up. You could, if you wanted, walk in minutes before Fantasmic started, and get a decent seat.

Genie1953
01-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I have a really crazy question to ask...I have never been to Fantasmic and not sure I want to waste time standing in a long line so was just wondering if Fantasmic is something I can watch from afar....maybe another area of the park....I realize the view might not be as good but am willing to deal with that if I can see at least part of it. Any thoughts anyone?

HndrdPrcnt
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
No, you will not be able to see the show from anywhere else in the park.....However, it is DEFINATELY worth waiting in line for. I worked at Disney for over 7 years and I still think that this is one of the best shows that Disney has ever done!!

Melanie
01-29-2010, 06:42 AM
I have a really crazy question to ask...I have never been to Fantasmic and not sure I want to waste time standing in a long line so was just wondering if Fantasmic is something I can watch from afar....maybe another area of the park....I realize the view might not be as good but am willing to deal with that if I can see at least part of it. Any thoughts anyone?

No, Fantasmic! is shown in a specially built amphitheater that is not visible from any other part of the park.

I don't consider waiting in line for this wasting time. It's well worth it! :thumbsup:

BigThunderFan
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I know the general advice is to go to the second show if offered, but last week the second show had a line all the way around to the main Hollywood Boulevard and stretching toward the entrance gates. This was value season and the park was not very packed most of the day.

I definitely recommend seeing it at least once, but also recommend getting there at least an hour early, maybe even 90 minutes. At least until they start offering it more than 2 or 3 times per week.

Bret92
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I definitely agree that it depends on how many people are in your party. I went this past june to a first of 2 show night about a half hour early and we were in the center about halfway up. I would try to plan an hour or so for wait.

Also, this is not a show you want to miss. Regardless of the wait.

Darbylew
02-01-2010, 09:02 PM
We have never had a problem getting in to see
the show. We have been at different times and
we always get a seat. We don't even go until
about 30 minutes before the show. Good luck!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY! :D:mickey:

Wishmaker
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I hate to repeat what previous posts have said however, I would like to give you a little more info. DD and I go every May. We begin our trip the weekend of Mothers day and stay for 8 days. We have never waited in the long lines. We wait til about 20 minutes or less even before the show starts. We always find a seat, with the help of cast memebers that is.

People naturally sit with a huge space between one another, therefore cast members can spot open seats and ask people to move closer together to fill those spots.

We are just two so that can make a huge difference. I love the show but (hope I don't get creamed) can take it or leave it. However.... If you have never seen it (like my sis) you have got to take the time to do it. No matter the wait capacity etc. It is definately well worth it.

cmshelton1979
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I watched it for the first time this last May, it was raining on and off and it ended up getting delayed. I thought this show was really good, not as good as Wishes, but better than Epcot's show...

kwaller
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
If you've never seen it, it is definitely worth the wait. We normally have the dinner package scheduled but decided to late this year to get a reservation, we will wait in line and have already seen it about 5 or 6 times.

CaptSmee
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
It depends on the time of year you are visiting. Last April the theater was packed to the hilt, we had a meal package and didn't have a problem. Time before that, we lined up about 45 minutes early and got great seats. Last week, we ran to the theater with 5 minutes to spare and there were still seats left (it's slow season however, not typical nor recommended).

WelshieLover
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
We were there last week. On Sunday Jan 24th they held 2 Fantasmic performances. The only other night they had it was 1 performance on Thursday the 28th. I was worried aboiut getting in but thought we would try to get in the first show. We went over about 1/2 hour before the show and were able to get in the queue and get in. There was plenty of room. I am not sure when you are going but you should be able to get in one of the shows while you are there.

CaptSmee
02-02-2010, 08:08 PM
We were there last week. On Sunday Jan 24th they held 2 Fantasmic performances. The only other night they had it was 1 performance on Thursday the 28th.

They added a 2nd show on the 28th, which they often do. Check the info board at the park when you arrive to see if any where added.

bellefromboston
02-04-2010, 07:53 AM
We have always been able to get in, so I wouldn't worry too much about not having the package. Just make sure you go early. You'll love the show, it's my favorite in wdw!:mickey:

Kaps
02-06-2010, 08:39 AM
In my opinion best show Disney has right now. It is worth the wait. I would get there at least one hr ahead to make sure you get in. Calling back doesn't hurt either. Good Luck:mickey:

badkitty
02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
If you haven't seen the show and you want to see it, I would not wait until the last minute to get into line.

My sister and I were there on the 28th as well but were delayed in arriving to the park by transportation. We arrived to the queue about 15 minutes before the start time and as we were walking in, the overhead voice said it was standing room only. We entered the theatre and it was packed. I can usually spot an opening but it was crowded and the CMs were directing everyone to the standing room only section. We left, got ice cream, rode TOT and then got in line for the second show. That show took awhile to fill but by the time the show started, it was pretty packed as well.

It has been my experience that the fewer number of shows offered in a week, the more crowded the shows are even off-season.

Lakin
02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I think that as long as you get in line about an hour to forty-five minutes before the show, that all should be good. My mom and I got in line for the show about an hour before the show started and we were only about 15 feet back from the rope.

forever a child
02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
This is DD and my favorite show! Worth the wait. We have done it with and with out Dinner package and never had a problem, but then like other posters have mentioned...it probably depends on the number in your party and the season in which you will be at the parks. But you really should try it once at least, IMHO!:mickey:

Eric87
02-08-2010, 07:22 PM
I definitely think this is a must see, but why do the dining package? I hear the seats reserved for the show aren't all that great and off to the side. Grab a fresh lemonade and pretzel and just enjoy the atmosphere while waiting.